DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

15 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

What the heck is Seth Rollins' gimmick anyway? It keeps changing but I never really know what he is supposed to be/want/represent/stand for/aspire to. Even his catch phrases/T shirt slogans don't really mean anything. Maybe he is the human cipher, a tabula rasa, a projection screen for out own identities. Or not.

- RAF

All of this. Shitty Architect wanting to Burn it Down!

Best use of Seth Rollins is sticking him in tag teams like he was with Roman Reigns in the Shield and then Dean Ambrose when the Shield reformed.

Edited by The Natural

22 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

What the heck is Seth Rollins' gimmick anyway? It keeps changing but I never really know what he is supposed to be/want/represent/stand for/aspire to. Even his catch phrases/T shirt slogans don't really mean anything. Maybe he is the human cipher, a tabula rasa, a projection screen for out own identities. Or not.

- RAF

Seth Rollins is an e-fed wrestler except real

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Inca Peruano & Giuseppe Daidone vs Michel Charret & Jean Frisuk - People ask who the best wrestler we've seen in the French footage is and while I'm not up to answering that, I do feel like the most talented for the first half of it (57-61) is Inca Peruano.

One thing that I think people should steal, and it'd depend on the tightness of ropes in 2021, is the little rope-as-a-weapon recoil shot that people did back then. This is a fun straightjacket variation:

gZr283.gif

This was Charret and while he didn't do it as smoothly as you'd like, you have to give him full credit for using Daidone's chin and eyes for leverage:

q7GZ6G.gif

• Like 4

On 2/11/2021 at 5:59 PM, The Natural said:

I still think this is the best Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn match in WWE from NXT TakeOver: Rival 2015. It's an underrated match, needs talking up more. What tends to overshadow it is the NXT Four Horsewomen Fatal Four Way from the same show.

Et9glIlXUAIyi0m?format=jpg&name=large