DVDVR Message Board

Two favorite moments from PWG commentary:

Excalibur takes all the air out of Steen's lungs with EL GENERICO IS A BIG BOY!

After the long-running gag of "he's done the deal!  Nobody kicks out of the Falcon Arrow!  (wherein said maneuver never wins the match)...Brian Cage wins with a Falcon Arrow and Excalibur and Chuck Taylor lose it.  I could only find a Streamable link so you'll have to click it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Hikaru Shida singing in the bath:

There's many, many things to say about this. But I'll go with the less obvious and say I didn't expect her to sing something from Mr. Big of all bands. Nice. 

• Like 1

My brain is fried so I can't think of a specific example, but when the ref is checking the wrestlers before the match and actually finds a hidden weapon on the heel?  That's the good stuff right there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Zimbra said:

My brain is fried so I can't think of a specific example, but when the ref is checking the wrestlers before the match and actually finds a hidden weapon on the heel?  That's the good stuff right there.

Then you should love this.

• Haha 2

Dailymotion's wonky formatting for the loss, but this match never fails to put a smile on my face. The first 10 minutes or so in particular are like if Mel Brooks booked a wrestling fed somewhere.

Daily Motio
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Zimbra said:

The closest example I can think of right off the bat is Luger-Flair cage match at Capitol Combat, where the ref checks Woman and finds a foreign object inside her long glove.

Has there been instances where the ref would find a whole bunch of different hidden weapons on the heel? That would be hilarious. Then, when the ref is like "well, is that all of it?" the heel is like "yeees...", but then the ref would still find MORE stuff on him? I'd love to see something like that.

I'm pretty sure Eddie Gilbert did a thing in Global where they had three fans search him for foreign objects before the match and all of them found one. This was complete with him accusing the woman searching him that she was just looking for a cheap thrill. The best part was he had a fourth chain that he used for the finish.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

Speaking of William Regal antics involving a foreign object that put a smile on my face...that time he used "The Power of the Punch" against the Big Show and it didn't turn out as expected:

UlpYUVS.gif

Again, Regal's panicky WHOA WHOA WHOA SOMEBODY MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STO*thud* sell might be the best thing he's ever done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Zimbra said:

someone actually asked Cornette's podcast about this fairly recently

20 hours ago, eikerir said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4RVtmcYlQ&t=834s

If you like BTE, the funeral segment 7min into this video is peak comedy in my opinion.

Thanks for posting this. Never seen it before. A funny funeral, such a thing exists! I lost it at Cody saying "Are you even at a funeral? Look what you're wearing, Tommy Bahama". Frankie Kazarian lost it as well!

• Like 1