DVDVR Message Board

The idea for this topic only came to me today. The topic title is taken from what The Joker says in The Dark Knight (2008) and yes, I had to throw a Batman reference in there :)!

Times are so tough with the global coronavirus pandemic. We've all been affected by it, some more than others have lost loved ones. I lost my cousin and a family friend to it. For those reasons, I hope this thread of funny moments in wrestling history will raise smiles/laughter in this darkest of times. That's the hope anyway. Here's my two to kick things off:

The 1992 Royal Rumble match. Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are brilliant on commentary. Heenan's "dammit!" when Ric Flair enters at #3, "It's not fair to Flair!", "I have to apologise, I won't be my usual objective self!" "I'll never be bad again, just let Ric Flair win", "weasel yourself out, Ric" and a deluge of "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" as Ric Flair becomes the new WWF Champion.

The full NSFW compilation of Mr. Brodie Lee and The Dark Order on Being The Elite. So many highlights. Mr. Brodie Lee using papers as a fucking projectile foreign object, "Why is it always fucking Silver?" Reynolds: "He's just a kid" and Silver says "I'm 29 years old!" Can't forget "Who the fuck is Griff Garrison?" The best of all is Sue. When that came out, I was crying with laughter. Still cracks me up. We miss you, Mr. Brodie Lee.I

Thanks for reading.

• Like 7

Hollywood Rock is by far the best iteration. I say without shame that I know the lyrics by heart sang by The Rock. My Way is the standout. I still chuckle at Rock saying "Arrest the Hamburgular. Hey arrest him, he's guilty of shoving Chicken McNuggets straight up his ass!"

• Like 3

I remember reading that the hug it out stuff was a rib on Danielson because he was pretty openly not a hugger.  As someone who also is totally not a hugger I really felt his... aversion in those segments.  Those two had such great chemistry

Kane had chemistry with so many people doing so much bullshit in his career, you have to give him credit for making so much of it work and not get sunk by the garbage.

• Like 4

I'm going to take a bit of a risk and hope this qualifies. This is a clip from Letterkenny. No actual wrestling occurs, but it's basically a crossword puzzle of pro-wrestling references and puns recited verbally over the course of two and a half minutes. 

I also feel it worthwhile because K. Trevor Wilson, one of the actors in the clip, is a big wrestling fan. Most of the photos posted to his social media are of him showing off various wrestling t-shirts. (He's also good friends with fellow comedian and wrestling superfan Ron Funches, if you care.)

Spoilered for some NSFW language:

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The DONK sound when Austin hit Vince upside the head with that fucking bedpan and then Vince's scenery chewing screams when Austin started punching his ankle made me fall off my chair laughing when I was 13. Over 20 years later I still laugh like a hyena whenever I watch that shit because I am a child.

• Like 4