DVDVR Message Board

2021 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

hammerva

The latest 30 for 30 podcast is called March 11 2020 which is a great recap of the day in which the NBA was suspended because Rudy Gobert contracted the COVID virus   They even have Gobert in the podcast talking about the day although he doesn't talk about the rubbing hands on the mic shit.    Lots of other people on like Anthony Fauci, Scott Van Pelt, the governor of Oklahoma, some Thunder players, and other ESPN personalities. 

The 30 for 30 podcasts are always great but this is one of their better ones.

23 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The latest 30 for 30 podcast is called March 11 2020 which is a great recap of the day in which the NBA was suspended because Rudy Gobert contracted the COVID virus   They even have Gobert in the podcast talking about the day although he doesn't talk about the rubbing hands on the mic shit.    Lots of other people on like Anthony Fauci, Scott Van Pelt, the governor of Oklahoma, some Thunder players, and other ESPN personalities. 

The 30 for 30 podcasts are always great but this is one of their better ones.

I feel like I forget these exist after each season, but I will agree that they are consistently great.  There is not a lot of better sports programming anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

The first week of the Le Batard free shows were interesting. First you had "drunk" Dan on air and then Dan going crazy after the Capitol riots. Looking forward to where this Skipper thing goes. I'm guessing the route of a Dan Patrick type deal. I wonder who else jumps ship to join Dan down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the "big stuff" (like NHL and NASCAR) will migrate to the USA Network, but I'm going to guess that Peacock is about to get a whole lot of sports programming here shortly.

Edited by Gonzo

On 1/22/2021 at 3:59 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh Vince's meltdown is going to be great when Raw gets preempted by the Islanders going up 2-0 on the Hurricanes in the first round of the playoffs.

Raw is Bravo! 

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

• Haha 2

On 1/22/2021 at 12:59 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh Vince's meltdown is going to be great when Raw gets preempted by the Islanders going up 2-0 on the Hurricanes in the first round of the playoffs.

Raw is Bravo! 

If it gets us The Real Housewives of WWE, I'm in.

MASN Sports Network in the DC and Baltimore area basically did a major purge and got rid of a ton of broadcasters.  It sounds like they are getting rid of all the pre-game and post game stuff for the Nationals and Orioles.  Plus it looks like the O's lost most of their in game team as well like Gary Thorne

Yeah - though Gary Thorne seems more like a contract dispute than an out and out budget cut (though you probably be considering that splitting hairs)

Both teams were told that if they wanted the shows to continue they would have to pay for them themselves.

The Nats put out an angry statement to get good PR from the fans but notice they aren't actually offering any money

Oh man, the reporter who tracked down Ricky Williams back in the day when he quit the NFL and dropped off the face of the earth to get high is writing some background about how it came about on twitter.  It's one of my favorite pieces of sportswriting so this rules for me, personally.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't watch either show, but I've seen enough clips to say that I prefer Skip with Shannon Sharpe than Stephen A. Smith.  It feels like Shannon and Skip are capable of having an actual conversation.  Stephen A. Smith and Skip just tried to out outrageous each other.  

• Like 1