DVDVR Message Board

2021 Wrestling RIP Thread

RIPPA

I was hoping to see how long we would be able to get into 2021 without starting a new one (sadly it probably should have been started sooner)

It has come out that Dick Cardinal passed away on Christmas Eve

Many believe he was the oldest living professional wrestler

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Many believe he was the oldest living professional wrestler

Wikipedia lists a Brit called Joe D'Orazio (real name Giuseppe <4 middle names> scala) as oldest living wrestler, a guy being born in 1922 (Cardinal was born in 1927).

Longtime Texas wrestler, "The Angel of Mercy" Claudia passed away suddenly on Saturday at the age of 38, due to a brain aneurysm. Notably she was the first opponent of Ember Moon and Jordynne Grace when they first started. RIP. 

As Meltzer said on the recent Observer Radio that Vince's Dad died I think at 79 and now Vince's older brother who is 2 years older then Vince has died. I bet Vince is thinking a lot about the future and is probably a bit scared of the future. 

5 minutes ago, Boydy said:

As Meltzer said on the recent Observer Radio that Vince's Dad died I think at 79 and now Vince's older brother who is 2 years older then Vince has died. I bet Vince is thinking a lot about the future and is probably a bit scared of the future. 

From the WON website write up

The eldest McMahon was not part of the wrestling business unlike the 75-year-old Vince Jr., their father, Vince Sr., or their grandfather, Jess. Vince Sr. died of pancreatic cancer in 1984 at 69 years old while Jess suffered a cerebral hemmorrage in 1954 at 72 years old.

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

Eh, he might have some time left on his hands. He also may benefit from the Kissinger Effect, where the worse a powerful person is the longer they live. 

I always had a feeling Vince McMahon's mother was Henry Kissinger. Really explains a lot.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 9:23 AM, (BP) said:

Eh, he might have some time left on his hands. He also may benefit from the Kissinger Effect, where the worse a powerful person is the longer they live. 

? only the good die young, all the evil seem to live forever...

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Butch Reed has reportedly passed away at 66 of complications from two recent heart attacks.

Yeah - when I saw Meltzer say that he had 2 heart attacks this past week I wasn't hopeful

This sucks

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

sad to hear about Butch. My dad had a heart attack on Wednesday and this has me petrified.  Prayers to Butch's family. Was always a fan of Doom. 

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Love to him and to you too xxx.