DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Hollow Man - 1/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

What we got of Ricochet/AJ was good. In a just world we'd see the two feuding over a title and getting to put on a lengthy match.

For the umpteenth time WWE insists on breaking up a perfectly good team in The Hurt Business. It's the best thing that could have happened for all the guys involved and splitting it up is just going to put them back where they started from. Speaking of The Hurt Business, what is the end goal with their program with Riddle? He's lost clean several times now and while THB are heels, Riddle has kind of been asking for it with his obnoxious behavior.

El Rando, Afienda Bliss, and Evans' continued association with Flair is all cringe on top of cringe.

The rest of the in-ring stuff was inoffensive but forgettable.

Randall K. Orton starting the show wearing a Destroyer mask cracked me up.

Agreed about the ending. Alexa should have been drooling on the mat after eating those kicks and the backfist from Asuka, and then holding her there for a loooooong 30 seconds or so in order to let them get the zoom-in... please. 

The Flair stuff is so cringe. Dude looks embalmed. 

At least we got Bobby stomping on that fuck Riddle's foot. Unfortunately we immediately got the unpleasant thought of that foot in Bobby's ass. 

EDIT: Actually, Flair could very well have been stuffed, or a wax figure

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I just learned the explanation for what happened tonight: As part of his eternal punishment in Hell James Earl Ray was strapped to a chair and forced to watch this show and WWE was alerted to this so made the show especially horrible.

Haven’t watched Raw in years because I was living overseas, and since coming back I refuse to pay for cable. My brother just got YouTube TV recently and shared the login with me.

I watched tonight. Don’t think I’ll watch again for another few years. It was seriously CRINGE from start to finish. Smackdown has the exact same presentation (which is tired in itself) but at least it resembles pro wrestling.

Charlotte/Peyton was a little too loose at times but generally decent-solid. It was nice to see Peyton get a longer singles match for once. I continue to hate the Ric Flair/Lacey stuff. Just so unnecessary.

Mandy/Shayna was decent. Kind of wish they would just get things over with and have Shayna and Nia break up. Its not like anyone was ever really buying them as a team.

I like that Retribution is going after Xavier because Ali is still pissed at Kofimania stealing his spot and glory two years ago.

I skipped the Dirt Sheet. It is nice to see Gillberg is healthy. Last I recall hearing anything about him he was sick so good for him.

Skipped the Hurt Business tag. Pity they seem to be breaking up the best thing on Raw.

AJ/Ricochet was nice. Really dug the finish.

My DVR cut off the last 30 minutes so I have no idea what happened in the main event. I assume it was terrible going off of reactions and the fact they continue this dumb Alexa/Randy/Bray feud.

• Like 1

Who is this guy working with Elias btw? I always have the sound off. Also, it's weird to see someone with a full back and full sleeves but no tattoos on the front of his torso. Also for a split second I looked up, thought he was Butcher and I was watching AEW...

Edited by Curt McGirt

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who is this guy working with Elias btw? I always have the sound off. Also, it's weird to see someone with a full back and full sleeves but no tattoos on the front of his torso. Also for a split second I looked up, thought he was Butcher and I was watching AEW...

Jaxson Ryker formerly of the Forgotten Sons. His tweets supporting Donald Trump during Black Lives Matter pissed people off backstage, the fanbase and on social media. Kevin Owens tore him a new asshole.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I could have accepted it if Alexa was going to become a killer. Like she flips the "switch" and then mauls people.

But the oh so cute and quaint dodges with no effort shit and ASUKA of all people being afraid of her STANDING STILL? Then Asuka jobbing after nothing but FIEND MAGIC? No. The Bray Wyatt shit needs to stop. It's dragged down Orton. It's dragged down Alexa (and Nikki Cross on the side). Now it's come to claim Asuka. Just STOP IT. Makes me feel like this (oh, um... spoilers for Halloween III) :

Edited by CastleVania Rey
  • Like 1

Watched the Orton promo, then decided I could probably do something better with the next three hours.

Glad they led off with that.  At least Vince still knows what his audience wants (an excuse to watch something else).

I am morbidly curious to see how far they go with this angle.  Guessing Randall will not be wearing a mask or made uo to be horribly disfigured the rest of his career, so....  Maybe he can go to the same doctor John Cena went to after Jesus (Carlito's sidekick) stabbed him in a club.  That dude had Cena back to 100% in like a week - without stitches or a scar.

You know it's a bad angle when the person who threw the fireball and burned the other guy's face off is still the babyface.

39 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Gunner from TNA.

19 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

...ish

yXnO3Sc.png

I've seen Shane McMahon punches with less distance.

They did it so fast I didn't really notice. Actually I thought he stomped the right foot until Riddle sold the left. 

That Gillberg segment... I mean, the other guy lost his fucking wig right there. That segment was something that happened on TV tonight and was supposed to be "sports entertainment", and except for a brutal botch it was neither.

Edited by Curt McGirt