DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Mosh Pushing - 1/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

[never mind my radical & heretical theories on how not every tag team is necessarily a 1 super star & 1 albatross situation just because it played out that way one time 20 years ago...]

Dude it was 30 years ago...   I know we are all getting old lol.   The Rockers situation is the one that we go back to but I wonder if it started because Bret was also clearly the main guy in the Hart Foundation so within a year or so you had two superstars created out of two popular tag teams.  

Of course I'm a guy that doesn't see much difference between Michaels and Janetty.  I guess Michaels is the better talker but in-ring wise they were the same. 

• Thanks 1

the difference is Shawn's choice of narcotics made him a more reliable performer and Marty's choice of narcotics made him a less reliable performer (and even so, Vince didn't completely give up on Marty right away)

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

I just think they're just playing to Billie's strengths better on SD than Peyton's strengths on Raw. It's not like Peyton or Billie are that different skill wise.

Its this exactly. Raw is kind of random on when they decide to give a damn about the women's division outside the top 2-4 women. Smackdown has a history of trying to figure out something for talent to do as characters even if they aren't in a big story. You see the same thing with Otis and Gable doing the Alpha Academy stuff.