DVDVR Message Board

2021 Discussion about Wrestling Podcasts

RIPPA

I think John D Williams created the Muta Scale.  Its so wierd that a former poster is the second most powerful figure in US wrestling.  I back that play one hundred percent!

• Like 6

Schneider referred to Tony Khan as Coach Tony K, and wasn't immediately corrected and told that wasn't his board name. So, Tony Khan started the Sleaze Thread confirmed?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

New York? I was born and raised in Oakland and Berkeley California ?

I will definitely have Kris on at some point, I am thinking the Last Battle of Atlanta 

I think I must have conflated my DVDVR Phils. My apologies.

Really interesting episode. I'm pretty sure I first saw this match on a Schneider Comp so I enjoyed hearing you two get into the details of it.

A while back in this thread someone was looking for a particular episode  of Austins podcast that seemed to not exist anywhere. If that person happens to see this, did you ever find it? I ask because im interested if its possible to get every episode. On Spotify it only goes back to 2017 which is 4 or 5 years after he started it.

Speaking of old Austin podcasts, does anyone remember the details of why Austin fired his first producer?  I remember there was an episode where Austin went off on a touchy issue and gave his opinion on it for a while, and the belief was he fired the guy because that should have been edited off the show before broadcast, maybe. What was Austin talking about in that segment again?  I actually heard the whole thing but it's been years and I can't remember.

5 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Chaos Project are going to be on Jericho's podcast, it's a must-listen for me.

Not sure if you heard it yet but they were also on AEW's podcast a couple months ago.

So apparently Bully Ray wasn't a fan of Eddie Kingston promo after the show saying stuff like shut up and stay in your lane.  Apparently he is not a fan of the AEW refs as well while Tony Khan was on the show as well

Remember people most of the time when Bully does something he is trying to figure out a way to squeeze himself into the product and get over.   

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, Phil Schneider said:

I had Tony Khan on the podcast today to discuss Ric Flair vs. Ted DiBiase, we talk about booking wrestling TV, his DVDVR past and much more

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/173fa5e9-8321-4bdc-a5e7-5288fa292ba0

Thanks for this.  I'm finally getting around to listening to it.  It's amazing to me that a wrestling promoter second only to Vince McMahon is geeking out on an obscure podcast (no offense!!!!) about a decades-old match.  This dude loves wrestling.  How can you not get behind him and AEW when you hear stuff like this?  This is like Kevin Feige showing up on a cable access show to discuss the merits of Shaft's Big Score.  Wow.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So apparently Bully Ray wasn't a fan of Eddie Kingston promo after the show saying stuff like shut up and stay in your lane.  Apparently he is not a fan of the AEW refs as well while Tony Khan was on the show as well

Remember people most of the time when Bully does something he is trying to figure out a way to squeeze himself into the product and get over.   

I personally would love to see a fued between Eddie Kingston Vs Bully Ray as long as Eddie goes over or even a one of tag team match with Kingston & Moxley Vs Bully Ray and D-Von.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

I heard what Bubba was saying- but I think he's being hypocritical when you look back at how ECW didn't hold anyone to any rules in matches other than a 3 count or submission. 

His beef with Eddie's promo. I do agree with him that he doesn't need to drop down to the lowest rung on the ladder. You can hype up your crowd and the locker room without tossing garbage at the competition.

Edited by Wyld Samurai

The last few weeks of the Arn podcast have been pretty awesome. I can't get Arn's Iron Sheik impression out of my head. 

"You are 'seestant booker? Does Ole know I am former Olympic champion, stretch everyone? I stretch you, Meestar Roop." 

• Like 2