DVDVR Message Board

2021 Discussion about Wrestling Podcasts

RIPPA

32 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The latest episode of Renee Young podcast is featuring Lisa Ann.   BEAT THAT CONRAD.   

Wait that was probably phrased wrong   ?

Conrad can just put one of those real dolls in his studio and interview that. It's just about as authentic as Lisa Ann.

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

With two weeks of reruns for Bruce's show and Conrad's general nostalgic tone, it makes you think it's winding down. At least until after Bruce is done working 100 hour weeks for Vince...again.

Hurry up. I want to hear Bruce justify everything Bray Wyatt's been involved in for the last two years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This week has been a pretty good one for Renee's podcast as she had episodes with Britt Baker and then Bayley two days later.  Both of them are just absolute sweethearts and I can't recommend enough checking them out.  Same goes for AEW's podcast with Thunder Rosa as she's not only a sweetheart but you can hear how much the match meant to her.

EDIT:  Hearing more of the episode there's two things that jump out from Rosa's episode.  One is when she had a bad concussion and almost died so that's why she does the facepaint considering she's "half dead"  That reminds me a lot of Darby as that's his reason for the facepaint as well though it was the result of something else.  So in a sense that's kind of a neat bond and if they ever find a way for them to team up then that would be pretty damn sweet.  Another thing that jumped out is her time in LU where in her first match for them her opponent made her feel like shit.  She didn't say who but if memory serves I think it was Daga.  So those were two things that jumped out but there's lots of other good stuff in there.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Really good episode of After the Bell this week. The show has gotten much better overall since the edition of Vic Joseph. This week’s guest was Cameron Grimes and I’m sure I’m not alone on here with loving his new character, plus his story is extremely heart wrenching. 

Alright, my partners are really pulling their weight getting festive guests and doing the social media thang and making with the TickityTocks and graphics and such, so I gotta do somethin'... Looky here:

phonto2.jpg

and

phonto-21.jpg

And same as above, but so pretty I can't waste 'em --

Spoiler

rwc001.jpg

phonto1.jpg

Rhese folks are good people and made for a couple great 'casts. I should know: I was there!!! We are on Spotify and Apple and a bunch of other places to find such interWeb talky product. Please listen, y'all will learn something, I vow it. Thanks to Jay G and Arik and Jason.

help a brother out, DVDVRers,

RAF

Edited by thee Reverend Axl Future
stoopid fat fingers, no poking stick
  • Like 1

The new Crime In Sports is on Teddy Hart. I'm 15 minutes in and I'm laughing my ass off. I can't recommend this podcast enough. CiS,Good Christian Fun and The Dana Gould Hour are my three Paetreon subscriptions.

Crime in Sports occasionally does a show about a wrestler and those are always the funniest.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

New Pod - Winter Palace 98 / It's a Family Affair 2 - Jeff Van Camp discusses his career as Lord Humongous in Continental and Mid-South, as well as Dick the Bruiser, Jerry Lawler, Jake Roberts and more.

http://tinyurl.com/winterpod98

Jeff said Arn wanted him to come to JCP in 1985 instead of going to Mid-South. That's an interesting What If (as long as it didnt just mean he had been in Paul Jones' Army).

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 1:23 AM, odessasteps said:

I almost turned off this weeks new day pod because of how annoying Dan Rykert was being.

was he like that on his gaming pod? 

I have never been of a fan of the tournament shows so I rarely listen to them specifically

That being said - I really don't like the change of Rykert doing the openings

So if you are saying that the tournament shows are Rykert heavy - I have even less desire to listen to the tournaments

I did turn off this week's show. The guys wanted to run a Twitter poll and the head of wwe social media made rykert do an Instagram poll too without telling the guys. 

So, the office even meddles with the podcasts. Shocking. 

Edited by odessasteps

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I have never been of a fan of the tournament shows so I rarely listen to them specifically

Depending on what it covers the tournament shows are ones I like putting on for my wife and I to listen to.  I'll mainly play them while playing games and we talk memories about the entrants in the process.  Tends to make for a fun way to kill the time that doesn't involve just watching TV for however long.

But whoever said the show needed more Rykert needs to reconsider things big-time.  They even had a poll and for some dumb reason people like him.  I just don't get it.