DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 8

Elsalvajeloco

3 hours ago, Execproducer said:

And, if I recall correctly, Leonard's lack of interest in having his face caved in directly led to his retirement.  

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

They must have ponied up some more money because Fury just on Sunday made it seem like they were FAR apart.

Think it may well be a combination of the two-fight deal and more money. I really don't see Joshua beating Fury once, but the idea that he could beat him twice is just silliness. I suspect that we see a close fight in the first match-up, close enough to stimulate interest in fight #2. Fight #2 is a nasty blow-out that silences anyone foolish enough to say that Fury isn't the man at heavyweight currently.

There was something similar to that in the Hiroto Kyoguchi vs. Axel Vega on the DAZN show last week. The only difference was it was an arm injury that ultimately ended the fight. Vega turned his back clutching him arm and the ref let Kyoguchi take a big swing. It barely missed landing cleanly.

ccelebritiesNINTCHDBPICT000603513169-11.

_114072235_whytedown.jpg

Alexander Povetkin vs. Dillian Whyte II tonight. The first fight was eventful. Whyte knocked Povetkin down twice in the fourth round and 30 seconds into the 5th was hit with a massive uppercut, he was out cold before hitting the canvas. Both have the power to hurt one another. Povetkin is older now and he also had the coronavirus.

Edited by The Natural

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but the rest of this show tells me Snoop is the Boxing promoter the world NEEDS, but not the one we deserve.

It was nice of de la Hoya to do ALL the coke backstage before Ric showed up though.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1