DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 8

Elsalvajeloco

I swear Don King must have finally gone senile.  Apparently there is a WBA Heavyweight title fight happening on Friday at the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood FL between Manuel Charr and Trevor Bryan.  With Beibut Shumenov on the undercard.  But as of this minute Charr is still sitting in Germany and doesn't sound like Shumenov has made it in either.  Plus the Hard Rock Hotel doesn't have the fight listed as an event on their website.  Bermane Stiverne is also on the card and will supposedly fight Bryan for the Interim? Super? Regular? WBA World title if Charr doesn't make it.  You can buy this online for $19.99.  Sounds like it will be in a warehouse somewhere if this happens

28 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I swear Don King must have finally gone senile.  Apparently there is a WBA Heavyweight title fight happening on Friday at the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood FL between Manuel Charr and Trevor Bryan.  With Beibut Shumenov on the undercard.  But as of this minute Charr is still sitting in Germany and doesn't sound like Shumenov has made it in either.  Plus the Hard Rock Hotel doesn't have the fight listed as an event on their website.  Bermane Stiverne is also on the card and will supposedly fight Bryan for the Interim? Super? Regular? WBA World title if Charr doesn't make it.  You can buy this online for $19.99.  Sounds like it will be in a warehouse somewhere if this happens

This whole "regular" WBA world heavyweight title for like the last few years has been bizarre. 

Now you have this as well:

Fres Oquendo is back—in court.

The middle-aged heavyweight has filed an injunction against the World Boxing Association (WBA) to block a planned  title consolidation clash between reigning secondary titlist Mahmoud (Manuel) Charr and interim beltholder Trevor Bryan, which is already at risk to not take place as scheduled this weekend.

In a seven-page complaint filed with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division on January 15— a copy of which has been obtained by BoxingScene.com—Chicago’s Oquendo seeks to prevent this weekend’s show from taking place. Additionally sought is what he deems overdue financial compensation in relation to his own sordid history with the sanctioning body.

Anyone seen Josh Warrington vs. Mauricio Lara last night?

Spoiler

Warrington went in 30-0 and Lara beat him! Warrington was knocked down heavy in the fourth round, referee or corner should have stopped it then only for it to continue with a bad knockout in round nine. Credit to Lara calling for the medical team to come to Warrington's aid who needed a oxygen mask. Referee and corner needed to stop the fight sooner. Remember Warrington gave up his world title belt so he didn't have to fight the mandatory challenger.

23 hours ago, The Natural said:

Anyone seen Josh Warrington vs. Mauricio Lara last night?

Reveal hidden contents

Warrington went in 30-0 and Lara beat him! Warrington was knocked down heavy in the fourth round, referee or corner should have stopped it then only for it to continue with a bad knockout in round nine. Credit to Lara calling for the medical team to come to Warrington's aid who needed a oxygen mask. Referee and corner needed to stop the fight sooner. Remember Warrington gave up his world title belt so he didn't have to fight the mandatory challenger.

26 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

No he is more likely to be matched up with Dirrell

I like how you are confident that I know which Dirrell you speak of, even though I know one is fighting this weekend.