DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, ONE, and Fight Pass Thread (Can Crushing Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

24 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Lance Palmer lost for the 1st time last night at PFL 1 Season 3 against his old college rival Bubba Jenkins. 

Clay Collard was no more than a solid regional MMA/fringe UFC fighter. He kinda overperformed in the little boxing run he just had. However, Pettis still should have beat him. I have the show on DVR and really interested to see how far Anthony has slipped.

I just finished my DVR recording of the show before I start watching tonight's UFC Prelims. Pettis did not like Clay pressuring him all the time & probably had his best performance in MMA ever. Kenny Florian is the 3rd man in the booth now with Couture/O'Connell. 

• Like 1

Here's your One Championship card reminder for tomorrow. This entire card has changed since it was first announced aside from maybe Sage Northcutt's sister's fight? Northcutt and Bigdash both out due to Covid. De Ridder, the middleweight champion who beat Aung for the MW title last time, steps in on very short notice to get a chance at Aung's light heavyweight title.  Honestly did not realise it was for the LHW title until I started typing this. 

Alvarez/Yoon with quick turnarounds. Guessing they threw some good money at both to keep them in Singapore due to the way Eddie's last fight ended and knowing how hard it is to bring people in and out of the country. 

Spoiler

Ez3yn4zVoAEEek-?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the main event of PFL 3 in the coming days. 

You'd have to think they overturn that result. Absolutely wild finish. Really wild fight while it lasted. Both dudes worked a ferocious pace. Impressive Werdum can still go like that at 40. 

• Like 2

Michael Page just shattered Derek Anderson's nose and wins R1 by TKO with a crazy head kick!  Holy fuck, dudes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Michael Page just shattered Derek Anderson's nose and wins R1 by TKO with a crazy head kick!  Holy fuck, dudes.

That's like a combo Super Kick/Head Kick! 

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I think that is worst then the Cyborg knee to the skull! 

• Like 1

Holy shit.  R1 of Augusto vs. Rumble Johnson was totally sick!

Aaaand it is over.  Johnson drops a bomb and shuts Augusto's lights out in R2.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Even after defeat, Valerie Loureda still rocked the inappropriate booty photos on her Twitter account to troll her MMA purist haters.

Hannah Guy looked really strong in that fight.   Apparently Val injured her arm at some point during the fight.  That explains why Guy was able to walk through so many of Loureda's punches and secure takedowns.

Good debut for Hannah and back to the drawing board for Loureda.  Hopefully she heals up quickly and is back training very soon.

Cris Cyborg knocked out Leslie Smith with ten seconds left to go in R5.  Cyborg also showed that Brock Lesnar isn't the only person that knows the way to Suplex City.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome. Plz immediately book him vs. Badr or Rico. 

Wow, those top three fights. When was the last time Rizin didn't have any women fighting on one of their cards? 

• Like 1

Inoue with the classic PRIDE finish. 

He himself was just stunned and in trouble but he came back and quickly put down Ishiwatari. 

Tofiq Musayev is so strong but Satoshi Souza has to be one of the most aggressive BJJ practitioners in MMA. Dude was allover Musayev, couldn't take him down, and eventually Tofiq got him down into full guard. Souza off his back immediately went to work and got the triangle. Amazing. Two great fighters that could be stars in UFC. Musayev already turned them down. I hope he stays and we see this again.

Tenshin fought 3 different guys in a boxing exhibition. One three minute round each. Osaki, the first opponent, looked good! Great hand speed and was catching Tenshin with a lot of shots simultaneously or just after Tenshin was landing. Second guy, Hiroya, wasn't as fast and was downed with a huge uppercut and a body shot at the end of the round but he got up. He stayed on his feet but fell against the ropes and his glove touched the mat. Third opponent was TOKORO! Tokoro was wild lol. Leaping in with hooks and going for spinning backfists. Tokoro was wobbled multiple times too but stayed up. Fun stuff. 

Koike pulled guard on Mikuru Asakawa about a minute in. Souza and Kleber are just so much fun to watch. Asakura got back to his feet and stunned Kleber but Asakura allowed Kleber to recover for some reason. Second round: Koike pulls guard in the corner and snaps on a triangle while right up against the turnbuckle pad. Choked his ass clean out. Kleber landed some nasty elbows and punches in the clinch before pulling guard. I think Kleber was telling him to tap or he'd go out and Asakura never did. Awesome show and it was in the Tokyo Dome too with a good sized crowd at least on the floor.