DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, ONE, and Fight Pass Thread (Can Crushing Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

Rizin running the Tokyo Dome May 23rd as part of their bantamweight grand prix. That's the first show with the second happening in the Osaka municipal gym on the 30th. The second round is in September and then the semi-final and final will be on NYE. Winner gets 10m yen. First time in 14.5 years that MMA will happen in the Dome. Right now it's maxed out at 10k fans but they're hoping for 50% of the seats by the May show (man, our numbers in BC are getting really bad as things have opened up for spring break... I'm not hopeful). They're trying to book Musayev vs. Souza for the Dome too. The participants are mostly people I'm unfamiliar with, as it's not possible to bring people in without government exceptions (see Musayev). 

The participants are listed at the bottom of the thread where I've swiped all the above info from:

Ambitious with that lineup.

• Thanks 1

Catching up with the Rizin show and dear God I didn't notice that it was that Kazushi Miyamoto fighting. And it went about as well as expected. Even Hotta managed better than that. Then Sudario kept throwing after the fight was stopped and Enson Inoue got involved. Cool. Sudario has beaten Minowa and Dylan James previously. That's so Rizin. 

Koike is cool. Takeda hit a picture perfect German suplex. Roberto Souza is even slicker than Koike. Seigo Yamamoto went for about 5 flying knees in a row and was getting caught each time. The last one he went for ended with him staring up at the lights, lol. God, so many finishes and reckless fights on the card. Love it. One guy is 7-8 and just goes out swinging for the win and gets it. I don't hate it. I know they're hooped with travel restrictions but it'll be nice to have a little bit more talent on the card. At least we got that in the main with the women throwing it down immediately. Not sure how Asakura survived that initial onslaught. Hamasaki's punching technique is obv excellent. Just pops that jab lightning quick. Too bad we won't see Ham/Hamasaki IV in the near future.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, so is this thing with a fighter's finger being ripped off real or was this an April Fools Joke? If it's a joke, there's a lot of people in on it.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Uhhhhhhhhhh, so is this thing with a fighter's finger being ripped off real or was this an April Fools Joke? If it's a joke, there's a lot of people in on it.

It doesn't sound like it, and I don't know why anyone would do that as a joke. For those interested, it happened on the CFFC show on Fight Pass this past Thursday night and Punk was one of the commentators.

With that said, I would prefer people not post images/videos here and do their own independent research.

• Like 1

When I saw Punk's tweet I honestly thought it was an April Fool's joke and thought nothing of it.  I just didn't think it was real until checking on the Observer about something else.  Yeah, I just can't imagine how or why that happened but that's pretty wild.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I wonder if he is as pissed as when the UFC got rid of him.

Poor Goldie has been sacked by everyone.

I always liked Mike Goldberg, thought the way UFC treated him on his way out was very poor.

CFFC 95 spoiler:

Spoiler

KTFO in style.

Edited by The Natural