DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - The "Regular" Season

Dolfan in NYC

Rasmus Dahlin on going into the third with a 3-0 lead:

“Panic attack. We haven’t been in this situation. We got panicked.”

I think that team is beyond just a new coach at this point, I think a lot of these players may now be fundamentally broken

40 minutes ago, elizium said:

Rasmus Dahlin on going into the third with a 3-0 lead:

I think that team is beyond just a new coach at this point, I think a lot of these players may now be fundamentally broken

One thing that should be pointed out is that Dahlin still struggles with English so he may have been trying to express something and it came out as not exactly what he meant. But even if that's the case it's still not a good sign. If you've checked out the Sabres beat writers they have pointed out the single biggest flaw with Kreuger as a coach: He can't coach. Players would screw up constantly in practice and Ralph would never blow his whistle to stop everything, point out what was done wrong and make the player(s) do it again until they got it right. The poor non coaching is the thing killing this team, if you put a competent coach in charge and gave him a full training camp I think you would see a drastic improvement.

On 3/30/2021 at 5:17 PM, sabremike said:

One thing that should be pointed out is that Dahlin still struggles with English so he may have been trying to express something and it came out as not exactly what he meant. But even if that's the case it's still not a good sign. If you've checked out the Sabres beat writers they have pointed out the single biggest flaw with Kreuger as a coach: He can't coach. Players would screw up constantly in practice and Ralph would never blow his whistle to stop everything, point out what was done wrong and make the player(s) do it again until they got it right. The poor non coaching is the thing killing this team, if you put a competent coach in charge and gave him a full training camp I think you would see a drastic improvement.

That's kind of where the Red Wings are - it's obvious that Jeff Blashill doesn't do any coaching.  And he doesn't hold guys accountable for ANYTHING.  They had a bad 7-1 loss the other night with a couple of very obvious defensive lapses caused by laziness.  Those dudes didn't even miss a shift let alone a game.  Guys are staying in the lineup while not producing at all.  Sam Gagner has 4 goals in 28 games - and 3 of those came in 1 game.  He's INVISIBLE every night but still plays all the time.  Meanwhile, Givani Smith is bounced in and out of the lineup despite being a presence in every game.  Or Evgeny Svechnikov - he had 4 points in his first 4 games of the season.  That bought him a trip to the minors.  But Bobby "That's Not Actually My Name" Ryan can go ahead and score 3 goals in his last 30 games and still get a regular top-6 shift.  I realize that, to a degree, the team is showcasing guys they plan to trade.  Still, if I'm a young guy, I gotta wonder what I should be doing.  Produce, get benched.  Don't produce, get a regular spot.  Makes.  No.  Sense.

GIRAFFE SCOOOOOOOOOORES!!!

If we had won this game I would be running naked except for my Tage jersey down Main Street here in Brewster wildly screaming in celebration.

Apparently some of the players have the Brazilian variant which is making matters more complicated

All of their games are postponed through April 8 and its gonna definitely be extended

Another issue is that their AHL team hasn't played since March 10 due to COVID protocols as 10 players on THAT team got the virus

In the first of what will be many schedule changes

The Flames will now play the Oilers on Saturday (April 10)

Calgary was supposed to play Vancouver on Sat thus confirming what everyone knew that the Canucks aren't playing to sometime next week (at the earliest)

The league had moved Ottawa at Winnipeg from May up to April 5th (Winnipeg was supposed to host Vancouver April 4th and 6th). I assume the plan is to backload Canuck games into May, if they are healthy enough to go.

Taylor Hall will not play for the Sabres tonight

It is a little unclear if a trade is going to happen immediately or if he will play Thursday or if they are gonna sit him through the trade deadline

Florida is trading F Brett Connolly, D Riley Stillman, F Henrik Borgstrom, and a 7 to Chicago.

Chicago trades D Lucas Carlsson and F Lucas Wallmark (who FLA traded last year at the deadline).  

The Canucks will resume their season on April 16 vs the Oilers

The NHL has extended the regular season for the North until May 16 (since the NHL is insistent that Vancouver plays all 56 games)

The league did say that they might start the playoffs for all the other divisions while the North finishes the regular season

Leafs get their man! Nick Foligno to the Buds with Stefan Noesen from SJ for a 2021 1st and 2022 4th to Columbus and a 2022 4th to the Sharks. Leafs also only pay 25% of Foligno's salary, keep space for more potential moves before the deadline.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I suspect Mantha will pick up his game in Washington but, hoooooo boy, his effort level is piss-poor a lot of nights.  Dude got benched by Jeff Blashill - who never benches anyone other than young players that are actually playing well - earlier this year for lack of effort.