DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Supposed to be 7-10 days before water comes back.  Woohoo. Nearly two weeks without a shower. 

If you can get them (since I don't know what supplies look like down there), baby wipes are your friend in that situation.

19 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I apologize for not knowing but where is this happening?  That sounds really fucked up.

@John from Cincinnati nailed it. I'm trying to be a bit vague because I know web use is being monitored. The worst part is knowing that the hammer is going to drop one of these days but you just never know when. Too many young people are going to die or be sentenced to long prison sentences for nothing more than wanting a better future. While I am not personally involved in any of what's going on, I know a lot of people who are and I worry about them everyday. 

Edit : And three hours later shooting in another city. No idea the current death toll but videos are not looking good. 

Edited by Setsuna
  • Sad 5

If you smell an unpleasant body odor wherever you are, don’t panic - it’s probably just me. 

City announced we’ll be one of the last areas to get water back.   Ugh. At least my parents got it back this morning. 

There were lines at car washes yesterday because people are stupid assholes. 

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

One of the guys ar work was telling me he saw people on the news saying the snow in Texas was fake and/or man-made. 

So who's behind that, some sort of Rosicrucian/plumbers union cabal?  It's funny, but when I first heard Stuart by the Dead Milkmen back in 1988, the conspiracy theory sounded ridiculous.  I'm not sure that's true any longer.

On the positive side, we've actually got running water, and it's apparently drinkable, though it looks like watered down milk.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

So who's behind that, some sort of Rosicrucian/plumbers union cabal?  It's funny, but when I first heard Stuart by the Dead Milkmen back in 1988, the conspiracy theory sounded ridiculous.  I'm not sure that's true any longer.

On the positive side, we've actually got running water, and it's apparently drinkable, though it looks like watered down milk.  

You know what, Robert? I like you. You're not like the other people here, in the wrestling forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gonzo said:

There's no use for the video store from Clerks anymore. Just turn it into a dispensary.

That's literally what Kevin Smith is doing in Clerks Three. 

@ThatKevinSmith

·

Feb 22

SPOILERS! NJ voted to legalize in November. I wrote “Clerks III” two months later in January. So *of course* Jay and Silent Bob run their own weed store in the sequel. And yes: it’s in the old RST Video store, which the boys rechristen as RST THCCBD! http://RSTTHCCBD.com

Eu3fq1TVcAE-YPW?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 4

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a Cease and Desist order from somebody who already trademarked THCCBD. It's just too good of a double meaning.

The idiots on the news are probably into the conspiracy theory that the HAARP program is a giant, COBRA-from-G.I. Joe style weather dominator wielded by the government. That shit has been around for a long time. 

I've been to or driven through all 48 in the last couple years and seeing cannabis billboards EVERYWHERE in certain states is still jarring as hell. Of course, I also live in NH where the three states that border us have it legalized but governor after governor refuse the will of the people but LIVE FREE OR DIE ?

• Like 1