DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

Things are super fucking tense out there, to put it mildly.  But if you want to talk (or even vent) about what's going on in your life or out there in your world, here you go. 

And yes, I closed the last thread because: a) it had gotten way too political, b) doom and gloom make me a sad panda, and c) it was almost 90 pages, so it was done.

If you want to be mad at me.  Go ahead. 

• Like 5

Well thankfully I like both songs so yay for me.

I know I would go on about Discord sometimes but it's not at all trying to get people to use it often.  I know politics isn't meant to be discussed here and FWIW the chat's been going crazy the past couple days.  So I say this for the sake of the admins but if you feel a need to discuss politics even just to stop in once to get things off your chance please use Discord.

As for me it turns out with my work I am eligible to get the COVID vaccine.  I work from home and would honestly prefer those actually in the clinics all get it before me.  But to my surprise after answering honestly they sent me the link to schedule.  So tomorrow is what I'm assuming the first dose and we'll go from there.  Which will be great as I'm really getting tired of my sister losing her goddamn mind if dare to somewhere for longer than 10 minutes.  I know with helping two kids with remote school is tough but I think it really affected her more than she realizes.  Hopefully after all this clears up things get back to normal for her.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I keep seeing stuff about how flight attendants and now DHS are trying to ban the MAGA terrorists from getting on planes to return home.  Umm...I live in the DC Metro area, these motherfuckers need to go.  

What, they don't have Greyhound any more?

My IBS has been flaring up this week and I never thought I would say this but I am so tired of pooping.

19 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

What, they don't have Greyhound any more?

My IBS has been flaring up this week and I never thought I would say this but I am so tired of pooping.

I don't want this to be an overshare, but here goes...

Two years ago just before Christmas I spent a week having diarrhea. Like, going to the bathroom almost 10 times a day type stuff and feeling absolutely miserable. It's the first time in my life I had something like that and I thought I was dying. A good friend of mine with IBS and Crohn's was like, "now you know what it feels like to be me."

This is a long way of saying that I feel very sorry for you and anyone else who has to deal with that stuff. I could barely tolerate it for a week. Can't imagine living with it.

Eh, I think this might have come up often enough in discussions that there seems to be a fair-sized cohort of us who know what the deal is with that.  Hard to overshare when you're in that kind of company.  You probably just picked up a bug, though.

I had my last "should be in the hospital" flare in mid-2014, treated it, hasn't come back since.  I'm not entirely sure why, except your gut flora does change over time, and one of the usual pattern shifts happens in mid-late 30s, so maybe that's what did it. 

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't want this to be an overshare, but here goes...

Two years ago just before Christmas I spent a week having diarrhea.

When you say the first sentence, you probably shouldn't follow it with the second sentence.  

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

If you're an awful person and Marvin Gaye isn't your speed, I offer:

When I was a teen and this song was a thing, I hated the shit outta it. A bit later on Gaye's Grapevine rocked my world! And a few years after that I heard that this lady (co-) wrote Pink's I'm Coming Up! That's when I begrudgingly forgave her. True story.

11 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

As for me it turns out with my work I am eligible to get the COVID vaccine.  I work from home and would honestly prefer those actually in the clinics all get it before me.  But to my surprise after answering honestly they sent me the link to schedule.  So tomorrow is what I'm assuming the first dose and we'll go from there.  Which will be great as I'm really getting tired of my sister losing her goddamn mind if dare to somewhere for longer than 10 minutes.  I know with helping two kids with remote school is tough but I think it really affected her more than she realizes.  Hopefully after all this clears up things get back to normal for her.

Same thing with me except I already got the vaccine, this past Wednesday.  My arm hurt yesterday - nothing serious, like somebody had punched me in the arm.  Another coworker had a similar reaction.  Another coworker said his arm HURT A LOT.  Most of the people I know have had little in the way of effects other than the arm thing.

The state of Washington just announced the rules for the next phase of eligibility for the vaccine.  Because my household is multi-generational, the other three folks living with me will all be eligible for the next round, as will my mom.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tabe said:

Same thing with me except I already got the vaccine, this past Wednesday.  My arm hurt yesterday - nothing serious, like somebody had punched me in the arm.  Another coworker had a similar reaction.  Another coworker said his arm HURT A LOT.  Most of the people I know have had little in the way of effects other than the arm thing.

More than when getting other vaccines? As I think this is a very common reaction for any kind of vaccination in the arm. At least I always had these issues when getting vaccinated against TBE.

17 hours ago, Shartnado said:

When I was a teen and this song was a thing, I hated the shit outta it. A bit later on Gaye's Grapevine rocked my world! And a few years after that I heard that this lady (co-) wrote Pink's I'm Coming Up! That's when I begrudgingly forgave her. True story.

Also married to Sara Gilbert from Roseanne/The Connors/BBT. Prolific song writer.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Robert s said:

More than when getting other vaccines? As I think this is a very common reaction for any kind of vaccination in the arm. At least I always had these issues when getting vaccinated against TBE.

Yes, more than normal. I've never had arm pain from a vaccine. Ditto for the coworker. 

20 hours ago, Tabe said:

Yes, more than normal. I've never had arm pain from a vaccine. Ditto for the coworker. 

Impossible! Eric Clapton says that all flu and COVID vaccines are filled with water, the massive amount of money being collected is being used to resurrect Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce so that Eric can assume his normal spot of being third in a field of three for the CREAM reunion tour to commence...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OSJ said:

Impossible! Eric Clapton says that all flu and COVID vaccines are filled with water, the massive amount of money being collected is being used to resurrect Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce so that Eric can assume his normal spot of being third in a field of three for the CREAM reunion tour to commence...

I got my vaccine via my frontline NHS job. Make sure you take the day off work the next day. Working an eleven and a half hour shift after that wasn’t a good idea.

Also, our useless English government has to tighten restrictions again. Christ knows how given it’s a national lockdown, but who am I to question the logic of a Prime Minister who laughed at the idea of a two week lockdown before being forced into a four week lockdown and then a national lockdown a month or so after the four week lockdown ended.

Seriously though, if there’s a way to try a Prime Minister as a criminal for sheer awfulness I’d love to hear it. Boris Johnson is an absolute wanker.

ETA - and apparently he went for a seven mile bike ride. After telling everyone else to stay at home. The sheer hubris...

Edited by DeathyBoy
Additional Boris is a tosser information
  • Like 5

As someone who has been struggling to find the motivation to workout in my own home and even bought a bike machine specifically so I could stay inside and do cardio, he really takes the fucking piss - the unmetered feelings of an Englishman right now. 

This song got high up in the charts at Christmas and sums up my attitude completely: (Very NSFW)

Spoiler

Edited by Leonidas
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I lost someone in my family to coronavirus on Monday. To those here who are also on Facebook, please don't say anything there. Came out of the blue. 

I start some new antidepressants on Friday. Hope these are the ones because my doctor said we're almost out of medicinal options. I really like this doctor more than the one I saw for years before she left. The latter doctor really shouted at me one time even though she knew my situation. Things were never same with her and I have a scar from that episode.

Stay safe NDVDVR family xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

On 1/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, The Natural said:

So I lost someone in my family to coronavirus on Monday. To those here who are also on Facebook, please don't say anything there. Came out of the blue. 

I start some new antidepressants on Friday. Hope these are the ones because my doctor said we're almost out of medicinal options. I really like this doctor more than the one I saw for years before she left. The latter doctor really shouted at me one time even though she knew my situation. Things were never same with her and I have a scar from that episode.

Stay safe NDVDVR family xxx.

Hey y'all. Someone who found an abandoned dog in a box two days ago asked if we could have him. Whoever dumped the dog has clearly mistreated him as he's so skinny. Never seen animal cruelty in person and it fucking sucks. Got in touch with my Aunty who has a dog business and she talked us through the legal things. We'll find out if the dog belongs to anyone and you can have 28 days of fostering to see how the dog gets on with us. My Sister has given him a name, Ralfie. Here he is:

139109336_4324964070853262_1481127841118

• Sad 4