• Wardlow vs Jake Hager
  • Cody Rhodes vs Matt Sydal
  • The Young Bucks and SoCal Uncensored vs The Acclaimed and The Hybrid 2
  • Weigh-in for Darby Allin vs Brian Cage
  • Jon Moxley returns
  • Chris Jericho on commentary
  • Appearances from Snoop Dogg and Sting
  • Like 1

I don't want to be that guy...but it really sucks that this great looking show is happening on the day that this clownshow is happening in DC. It looks like the eyes of the nation will be on cable news networks tonight.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I don't want to be that guy...but it really sucks that this great looking show is happening on the day that this clownshow is happening in DC. It looks like the eyes of the nation will be on cable news networks tonight.

My eyes are on that clownshow now and I feel like I need a bottle of whiskey and two hours of rasslin' to get away from it.  But yeah ratings are gonna take a big hit for understandable reasons.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Full card:

• AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) w/ Don Callis vs Rey Fenix
  • AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs Abadon
  • Wardlow vs Jake Hager
  • Cody Rhodes vs Matt Sydal
  • The Young Bucks and SoCal Uncensored vs The Acclaimed and The Hybrid 2
  • Weigh-in for Darby Allin vs Brian Cage
  • Jon Moxley returns
  • Chris Jericho on commentary
  • Appearances from Snoop Dogg and Sting

I got to think Hager finally gets his first big win tonight in AEW. Somehow MJF “accidentally” costs Wardlow the victory.

Shida retains but at a heavy price. Abadon leaves Shida a bloody mess. The main reason I don’t think Abadon get the belt is because what line of faces would she defend the belt against for the next 3 months? Shida vs Baker seems to be the next PPV Women’s World Title Match.

Omega wins. Question remains who is Omega’s next big feud with?......PAC? 

Rematch with Moxley would be my guess, Unless they have some Impact folks appear on Dynamite for a bit to further the inter-promotional thing. In a perfect world it would be Eddie Kingston. 

25 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Rematch with Moxley would be my guess, Unless they have some Impact folks appear on Dynamite for a bit to further the inter-promotional thing. In a perfect world it would be Eddie Kingston. 

Khan hasn’t been doing quick rematches after a title loss...with the possible exception of Rhodes/Lee. 

Too early for Hangman...that has to be on slow burn. 

Possibly inter-promotional feud. That’s a good guess. 

1 hour ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Khan hasn’t been doing quick rematches after a title loss...with the possible exception of Rhodes/Lee. 

Too early for Hangman...that has to be on slow burn. 

Possibly inter-promotional feud. That’s a good guess. 

They seemed to be hinting at something with Rich Swann back when he appeared on Impact

Wardlow looked awesome tonight. He's the total package, good look, strong, agile, can talk enough. That F10 was impressive and if he can hit it on Hagar he can hit it on anybody else in the company. Put a belt on him.

Oh good, Cody has shitty Sharpshooter now too. Every good main eventer needs one. The match itself was pretty good, best showing from Sydal in AEW and Cody worked tight. Sydal got to do his move!

Main event was boss. Both guys had great entrance jackets, always a good sign. Fenix was incredible, even with that gnarly backflip German suplex that really could've gone the wrong way. Great finish and the post match was a lot of fun. Good start to 2021, lots of directions they can go with this alliance. I wonder if it's still Impact vs AEW or if it's the Biz Cliz vs everyone now.

• Like 3

Another home run show. I sound like a broken record...but that was such an easy 2 hours. Main event was fire. And the ending opens up alot of possibilities. Like a possible 5 on 5 Blood and Guts blowoff down the line...? (I can dream lol)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Bullet.  Club.  Is.  Fine. 

I wonder what Tama Tonga's response will be. 

When pro wrestling is done right, like tonight, it's a beautiful thing.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4

Oh man, Fenix/Kenny was their best match yet and they've had some great matches in AAA and NEW. That flip into the German suplex was one of the sickest bumps in the history of the company and that's on their world champion. Nothing emotionally deep or anything but two of the best on the planet given 20-25 minutes and going balls to the wall. 

Then the post-match happened, bb. Fun times. Rest of the show was kinda there but it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

Well, I just have to get this all off of my chest. That just has to have been the worst pro wrestling TV show of all time.

You start with The Young Bucks and SoCal Uncensored vs The Acclaimed and The Hybrid 2: Just a total mess. Too many guys in the ring, too many moves. C'mon lads. It's a tag match. Shine, heat, hot tag, finish. It's not hard. The fact that this clusterbomb heated up the crowd just proves that AEW fans are blind supporters who don't understand how pro wrestling actually works.

Wardlow vs Jake Hager was a real showcase for Wardlow's agility and Hager's technical wrestling. That makes me very uncomfortable. Big men should exclusively work as big men. Some forearm smashes, an avalanche or two in the corner, maybe a sidewalk slam or something. I guess it's Tony Khan's lousy booking that forces these guys to work like individuals.

The main problem with Cody Rhodes vs Matt Sydal is this: Why is Snoop Dog coming out with Cody Rhodes, who is his costar on a show that Snoop was here to promote? They should have used Snoop to get someone more deserving over. Also, Cody is a Rhodes, why isn't he using the bionic elbow and the flip, flop, and fly? (And if I can break gimmick for just a second: Holy cow do I ever like the Snooped-up version of Cody's theme! That's going into my workout mix as soon as I can get hold of it, assuming I can).

AEW Women's World Championship: Hikaru Shida or Riho or Tay Conti, it's impossible to tell (c) vs Abadon: How many female wrestling zombies does AEW have on the roster? One. How many female wrestlers do they have where their whole entire gimmick is that they are from Japan or Portugal or someplace weird? It's like half the ladies roster! How can you expect those foreign ladies to ever stand out when so many of them have the exact same gimmick? 

Then Sting comes into the ring and it starts snowing? Sure, like I'm supposed to believe that. 

AEW World Championship: Kenny Omega (c) w/ Don Callis vs Rey Fenix: When will horrible booker Tony Khan ever learn that putting Kenneth Schmo-mega in the main even is ratings death? And then they end the show with a shout out to a gimmick that comes from China or Brazil or someplace weird like that? How do they expect anyone but the miniscule handful of fans who watch foreign wrestling to care about that?

Also, Omega and Fénix really beat the hell out of each other. That makes me uncomfortable. Little guys should exclusively do low-impact flippy stuff. 

And now Fénix has lost a championship match, so nobody will ever care to watch him wrestle ever again. What a waste! I like that young man, he reminds me of Tito Santana...

I am Good Ole Just El Gran Goodear of Culture.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Sting has got to hit Taz in the forehead with the bat next week. This entering and staring down Team Taz stuff has run its course. I don't expect slop drops for all but gimme some violence plz. 

@El Gran Gordiit's Hiraku, please show some respect.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1