DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 1/5/21

Pretty good first Impact of the year with lots going on all over the place. Joe Doering's entrance gear is the best. Tony & Tony ads are always fun... Dynamite is absolutely stacked. Deonna vs Taya is a dream match for me, 2019's best vs 2020's best, can't wait for that one. Glad to see Nevaeh and Havok advance, but love that Jazz isn't done yet, I hope she sticks as a regular. Also would like to see Matthew Palmer get signed too. Laughed at Su going from Susie to Susan. Eddie/Sami always solid. 

Results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling - January 5, 2021

*Crazzy Steve def. Blake Christian, KC Navarro, & Ace Austin (w/ Madman Fulton) (7:13) after a diving DDT on Navarro

*Cody Deaner & Joe Doering (w/ Eric Young) def. Cousin Jake & Rhino (9:13) when Cody pinned Jake after the Deaner DDT. After the match, Deaner & Doering continued the beatdown until Tommy Dreamer made the save. Dreamer made the challenge for an extreme rules six man tag falls count anywhere at Hard to Kill. 

*Deonna Purrazzo came to the ring with Kimber Lee and cut a promo on her upcoming title match with Taya Valkyrie at Hard to Kill. Taya and Rosemary interrupted. Deonna and Taya argued back and forth on the mic, ending with Taya promising to end Deonna's reign.

*Havok & Nevaeh def. Jazz & Jordynne Grace (9:43) when Havok pinned Jazz after the Tombstone Piledriver to advance to the finals of the knockouts tag title tournament at Hard to Kill.

-the Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows, & Karl Anderson) laid out Rich Swann & the Motor City Machine Guns in the parking lot. 

*Matthew Palmer vs. Moose went the limit in a 3 minute exhibition (3:00) when Willie Mack distracted Moose, allowing Palmer to survive the 3 minutes. 

*Eddie Edwards vs. Sami Callihan went to a double DQ (1:18) when both shoved the referee down after brawling around ringside before the match could begin. After the match, they continued to brawl until Eddie went after Sami with his baseball bat. Sami then pulled out his phone to reveal a video of Alisha Edwards trapped behind a caged fence in the back of the arena. Eddie ran to the back to rescue her but got taken out by Callihan and Ken Shamrock.

• Like 1

I betcha if you shave Cody Deaner he looks like Steve-O. 

Haven't seen her on here yet but why is Jazz dressed like Erick Rowan? Boy that Tombstone was bad, Jessicka should stay away from that. Then again I'd rather someone's head be a foot off the mat than buried in the mat. Otherwise match was fine. 

Kenny: "My nipples are hard" "I'm blackin out, I'm blackin out" "See ya later, alligator" Good to see he's picking up the goofy to fit in to Impact, just like with the machine gun AAAAAHHHHHHH bit last time hahaha

SUSAN ? Who writes this shit? Mitchell? D'Amore? Susie herself? Now I'm imagining her coming to the ring with a ruler. (And no disrespect, I LOVE this stuff.)

That Moose squash was brutal. Whoever Palmer is, he was game. 

The least they could have done was have Eddie blade. There's barbed wire right there. 

EDIT: Oh yeah... KARATE MAN~! "You know what I have just been listening to? I have been listening to a bitch." KUMITE, KUMITE, KUMITE

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I betcha if you shave Cody Deaner he looks like Steve-O. 

Haven't seen her on here yet but why is Jazz dressed like Erick Rowan? Boy that Tombstone was bad, Jessicka should stay away from that. Then again I'd rather someone's head be a foot off the mat than buried in the mat. Otherwise match was fine. 

Kenny: "My nipples are hard" "I'm blackin out, I'm blackin out" "See ya later, alligator" Good to see he's picking up the goofy to fit in to Impact, just like with the machine gun AAAAAHHHHHHH bit last time hahaha

SUSAN ? Who writes this shit? Mitchell? D'Amore? Susie herself? Now I'm imagining her coming to the ring with a ruler. (And no disrespect, I LOVE this stuff.)

That Moose squash was brutal. Whoever Palmer is, he was game. 

The least they could have done was have Eddie blade. There's barbed wire right there. 

EDIT: Oh yeah... KARATE MAN~! "You know what I have just been listening to? I have been listening to a bitch." KUMITE, KUMITE, KUMITE

Palmer is Ember Moon's Husband. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait, Palmer doesn't come out to this? 

He did actually! It was his first theme when he debuted in 2008 until around 2012 I think, but still to this day his forever best theme song IMO for sure. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 4:00 AM, DreamBroken said:

Callihan/Eddie has since been announced for Hard to Kill in a Barbed Wire Massacre 

On 1/6/2021 at 4:33 AM, Andy in Kansas said:

If we absolutely have to do this match again, credit to them on finding the right stip. 

This is only the fourth Barbed Wire Massacre, right? Sabu vs. Abyss was the first at Abyss vs. Judas and a tag team one with LAX? First is still the best one from Turning Point 2005. TNA's greatest year thanks to Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, the X Division and Abyss. Sting made his return as well. Still had to suffer through Jeff Jarrett as NWA World Champion for most of it.

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

This is only the fourth Barbed Wire Massacre, right? Sabu vs. Abyss was the first at Abyss vs. Judas and a tag team one with LAX? First is still the best one from Turning Point 2005. TNA's greatest year thanks to Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, the X Division and Abyss. Sting made his return as well. Still had to suffer through Jeff Jarrett as NWA World Champion for most of it.

LAX vs. OVE was the 3rd