DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

DDT 

Spoiler

Jun used the sitout Sternness Dust α to win.

Since Jun won the belt, the belt is probably staying the same now. He wants to face Kazusada Higuchi next.

Edited by D.Z

DDT news from Tokyo Sports:

Jun to work for DDT executive wise, Sanshiro Takagi aims to reform DDT and said it is time for a change.  Sanshiro Takagi  mentioned Baba era AJPW business administration and Misawa's NOAH skill when he became the leader. They want to get bigger and surpass NJPW someday.

Anyway nothing to do with that article but with both IGF and W-1 shutting down these past years and Zero 1 releasing guys and Jun leaving AJP..the business is better off match and interest wise.

Edited by D.Z

Well Sanshiro was vague about that, and only said he wants more seriousness as in roster members get more serious.

Press conference is coming soon so if we learn anything else it will be during that and the next few months or maybe not.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

AJPW announced the 2021 Champion Carnival dates:

The schedule is as follows:

4/9 - Osaka (Edion Arena 2)

4/10 - Nagoya (Nagoya Congress Center)

4/11 - Niigata (Bandaijima Multi-purpose Plaza)

4/17 - Shinkiba (Shinkiba 1st Ring)

4/18 - Chiba (2AW square)

4/24 - Shinkiba (Shinkiba 1st Ring)

4/25 - Korakuen Hall

4/28 - Hodogaya (Hodogaya Public Hall)

4/29 - Korakuen Hall

5/3 - Korakuen Hall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

Muto is now a NOAH signed wrestler. Akiyama has signed with DDT. 

EuPzsElUUAALCNZ?format=jpg&name=large

Akiyama will be head trainer/coach of DDT.

I’d like to hear more about Jun’s last 1.5 years at AJPW. Dude had more or less retired to old man comedy matches, and I figured that was willingly, but now he’s doing big singles and taking on more responsibility

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

Well Sanshiro was vague about that, and only said he wants more seriousness as in roster members get more serious.

Press conference is coming soon so if we learn anything else it will be during that and the next few months or maybe not.

They did announce a 5-way match for Ironman Heavymetalweight Title on 2/28, where the current champion is a hardcover copy of "Killing the Business," so I would think the comedy will continue in some way.

Also, DDT's 2/23 show features Yuji Hino, Yuki Iino (they face one another) and Yuki Ueno. Can we please book a triple threat where the two losers change their names?

Incredible. They talked about Dieno being "disgruntled" about the direction of the company so that could be a fun story. 

Akiyama wants revenge on Higuchi, so that's his first challenger for the 3.28 Korakuen Judgement show. 

• Like 3

Really loved that show from DDT. I feel like them being so story-focused in often comedic ways overshadows (for folks that aren't often watching) how great they are at storytelling in more traditional ways. I loved the video of Ueno training with to counter Sakaguchi's choke and how that got worked into the match.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maciej said:

Really loved that show from DDT. I feel like them being so story-focused in often comedic ways overshadows (for folks that aren't often watching) how great they are at storytelling in more traditional ways. I loved the video of Ueno training with to counter Sakaguchi's choke and how that got worked into the match.

It was an excellent show and the story being told in the Ueno/Sakaguchi was great. I also had an absolute blast with seeing Super Delphin in the six person tag with all the MPro call back spots. It was just brilliant.

Former Zero 1 wrestler Kohei Sato said he grew up watching AJPW in the 90's but also liked NJPW characters like the Great Muta. He sees AJP as where big men wrestle and HW style and still in the Royal Road Axis just more colored here and there.

He also sees AJP and BJW being similar as their pasts selves, the unshakable muddy wrestling.

The Triple Crown battle will be Mr. Hashimoto's apprentice vs. Mr. Muto's apprentice.

Edited by D.Z

On 2/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, Control said:

Ok, I will hold on to my AJPW tv subscription through The carnival at least. Maybe it will reinvigorate my interest in the old pro-wres.

SUWAMA is going to win it and defend the belt against a surprise invasion from the bodyguard's new company.

Care to tell us about DDT, please? I know fuck all about it and the championships. Isn't that the promotion that's had our there matches in the street, down a stream, an arcade and Ibushi vs. Okada? Top titles? Thanks. Rather find out from those in the know here than a Wiki entry.

KO-D Openweight championship is their main one (King of DDT). The title everyone is familiar with is the DDT Iron Man Heavy Metal Championship. That's the 24/7 title. They have a lot of titles. There's a tag team, six man tag and currently an eight man tag team championship that was originally a never defended ten man tag title. There is also the DDT Extreme championship, the DDT Universal championship, and many more. https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=118 Cagematch has a list of them all. A lot are from Ganbare and Basara, two small promotions that crossover with DDT.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2021 at 9:23 PM, Spontaneous said:

KO-D Openweight championship is their main one (King of DDT). The title everyone is familiar with is the DDT Iron Man Heavy Metal Championship. That's the 24/7 title. They have a lot of titles. There's a tag team, six man tag and currently an eight man tag team championship that was originally a never defended ten man tag title. There is also the DDT Extreme championship, the DDT Universal championship, and many more. https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=118 Cagematch has a list of them all. A lot are from Ganbare and Basara, two small promotions that crossover with DDT.

Cheers for the help, @Spontaneous.

• Like 1