DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

19.1 percent of the population in Japan have received the 1st dose of coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination. Expected that most will be vaccinated by Oct or Nov this year or maybe Feb next year

• Thanks 1

NEXTREAM vs Total Eclipse for the AJPW tag titles was ok. I think the Twin Towers defense from June was better.

Triple Crown:

Spoiler

Ashino challenged Jake Lee for the TC and he accepted. Lee had to be separated from Suwama and then Ashino in the post match prior to the challenge.

To counter Kota's Kamigoye...Shingo wants to do his own knee move like both fellow Yamanashi prefecture born wrestlers Jumbo (Jumping Knee) and Mutoh (Shining Wizard Orig and the turnbuckle version).

• Like 1

Spoiler

Ashino taps out Jake Lee in a tag match and demands a title shot. I really wish AJPW wasn't do reliant on jobbing out the TC champ in tag matches to build heat for title defenses. Jake shouldn't be losing to anybody for a few months at least.

They did this to death way back in 2007 when Suwama won the title for the first time and they immediately had him job to Nishimura in tag matches on every show to build up their V1 match. Killed his credibility and didn't do any favors for Nishimura. It's also become standard procedure for building up Miyahara's challengers. Not a good formula. 

Contains recent AJPW spoilers. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, Raziel said:

Putting people over?

Wait, that's an option?  Why didn't anyone tell us sooner?

(For the record, Mutoh/Muta is in my personal top 10, but even i can't defend letting him run over your young guys in 2021.)

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Belgian_Waffle said:
  Hide contents

Ashino taps out Jake Lee in a tag match and demands a title shot. I really wish AJPW wasn't do reliant on jobbing out the TC champ in tag matches to build heat for title defenses. Jake shouldn't be losing to anybody for a few months at least.

They did this to death way back in 2007 when Suwama won the title for the first time and they immediately had him job to Nishimura in tag matches on every show to build up their V1 match. Killed his credibility and didn't do any favors for Nishimura. It's also become standard procedure for building up Miyahara's challengers. Not a good formula. 

Contains recent AJPW spoilers. 

It’s their only move, other than winning tournaments, to establish a contender. Very frustrating.

Spoiler

At least in this instance, it’s the backup plan, since the original idea was Ishikawa vs Ashino to establish the #1 contender.

• Like 1

The last three matches from the Freedoms July 5th show were great. Rina Yamashita vs Masashi Takeda was a crazy intergender death match, this was the first I've seen of Yamashita. She gave it to Takeda as good as that crazy bastard gives out.

GLEAT's G Pro Wrestling ver 1

So all pro wrestling rules

E6Z0NR2VcAIfBAb?format=jpg&name=large

From Purolove

1. CIMA & Shigehiro Irie vs. Minoru Tanaka & Daijiro Matsui
2. Michiko Miyagi vs. Ayano Irie 
3. MEN'S GLEAT : Takanori Ito & X vs. Yu Iizuka & Atsuki Aoyagi 
4. Mano a Mano : Kaz Hayashi vs. Issei Onitsuka
5 . GLEAT Ver1. Winner and Loser : Soma Watanabe & El Lindaman vs. Ryuichi Kawakami & Hayato Tamura

Looks like Jake Lee wants to destroy Ashino's left arm. Doubt they relegitimize armbars in AJPW of all places considering only few people and few matches ever had them work in the HW scene main events as finishes.

Suwama doesn't understand King Tani of NOAH.

KIN+TANI.jpg

Edited by D.Z