DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

GLEAT "GLEAT VER.1";

1. GLEAT Singles Match: Hayato Tamura vs. El Lindaman
2. GLEAT Singles Match: Kyoko Inoue vs. Michiko Miyagi
3. GLEAT Six Man Day Match: CIMA, Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie vs. Kaz Hayashi, Soma Watanabe & Keiichi Sato
4. GLEAT Singles Match: Ryuichi Kawakami vs. T-Hawk
5. LIDET UWF Double Bout: Minoru Tanaka & Soma Watanabe vs. Daijiro Matsui & Tetsuya Izuchi 
6. LIDET UWF Singles Bout: Chihiro Hashimoto vs. Maya Fukuda
7. LIDET UWF Singles Bout:Masakatsu Funaki vs. Yu Iizuka
8. LIDET UWF Singles Bout: Takanori Ito vs. X 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

GLEAT "GLEAT VER.1";
4. GLEAT Singles Match: Ryuichi Kawakami vs. T-Hawk

Sooo looking forward to this.

• Like 2

Suwama tested positive for covid and the Triple Crown match is off. The Triple Crown is back with PWF. 

I think they could do new Triple Crown champion deciding match with Jake and whoever else, or maybe not.

Edited by D.Z
  • Sad 3

Just now, Control said:

What is the vaccine rollout like in Japan. Are these wrestlers breakthrough infections, or are they not even vaccinated?

My wife is  a Hospital nurse (a midwife) and she was in the first wave of inoculees. My mother in law's boyfriend is in his 70s and he just got his first shot. I teach one day a week at the elementary school affiliated with the local University of education, so I count as a teacher working with children and I will be the third person in my extended family to get vaccinated. I'll get my first shot July 2nd, the second shot on August 8th. I think only around 10% of people here have been vaccinated. 

tl/dr: it is going slllllooooowwwwwlllllyyyy

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Control said:

What is the vaccine rollout like in Japan. Are these wrestlers breakthrough infections, or are they not even vaccinated?

Slowwwww.  Only a couple percent of the population has been vaccinated.  At the beginning of June, 8% of the population had had at least one shot and less than 3% had gotten both shots.  This is actually a big improvement from late April/early May when only 2 or three percent of the population had gotten one shot.  They've started ramping up the effort due to the Olympics, but they started far too late.

• Thanks 2

GLEAT:

Main events have crowns, the card is Pro-wrestling then Shoot.  Michiko Miyagi formerly Andras Miyagi who fought in Stardom, seems to be signed with GLEAT.

E4PKr87VgAMEf5Z?format=jpg&name=large

DDT: Yatsu will wrestle for DDT and has his own faction now (Olympic Army). Aiming for the KO-D 8-Man Tag Team Titles.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Is Suwana actually seriously ill?  Or just forced to quarantine for a couple weeks?  I realize they have a major show coming up, but stripping him seems premature unless they feel like they have to deliver a title match at the next show.

Very ill, the upcoming show on the 26 is a big deal plus Jake has challenger rights.

Yuma announced challenging Jake, so 3 way match or something? The company will decide something.

• Sad 1

Just popping in for the same reason I usually do, to say that the recent DDT shows are worth watching. The first two rounds of the King of DDT tournament are in the books, and it being a tournament, it's especially easy to get into even if you're not a regular DDT watcher, or one of those folks that likes the good wrestling but not the comedy (though night two also has some terrific stuff for regular DDT watchers who do like the comedy). 

2 hours ago, Horangi said:

Triple Crown to be decided on the 26th with a three way between Jake, Miyahara and Aoyagi. I really hope they pull the trigger on Jake this time, otherwise they run the risk of Goto-ing him

My understanding is that this will be a round robin, like that one CC finals.

• Like 1

If not now, after a well-executed heel turn and a CC win, then never. Well, maybe one of those “legacy” runs like Omori got.

I don’t think Kento has lost a TC challenge in years. Maybe since he first won it.

AJPW "CHAMPIONS NIGHT 2021 ~ FROM THE LAND OF TRIPLE CROWN UNIFICATION FLIGHT TO THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY", 06/26/2021 (AJPW.tv)
Ota City General Gymnasium

- Jun Saito vs. Rei Saito
- Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi vs. Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda
- 3 Way Tag Match: Atsuki Aoyagi & Rising HAYATO vs. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa & SUGI
- Zeus, Izanagi, Shigehiro Irie & UTAMARO vs. CIMA, T-Hawk, El Lindaman & Kazuki Onitsuka
- AJPW TV Six Man Tag Team Title : Takao Omori, Black Menso ~ re & Carbell Ito (c) vs. TAJIRI, Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama
- Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial Match: Masanobu Fuchi, Shiro Koshinaka, Shinichi Nakano & Ryuji Hijikata vs. Shinichi Nakano, Osamu Nishimura, SUSHI & Chikara
- Road to Royal Road Strong Style - Different Martial Arts Fight 3rd : Yoshitatsu vs. Yosuke Nishijima
- GAORA TV Title: Shuji Ishikawa (Shuji Ishikawa c) vs. Yuko Miyamoto
- AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Koji Iwamoto (c) vs. Francesco Akira
- Triple Crown Tomoe Battle, Decision Match : Jake Lee vs. Kento Miyahara vs. Yuma Aoyagi

• Like 1

On 6/21/2021 at 1:50 AM, maciej said:

Just popping in for the same reason I usually do, to say that the recent DDT shows are worth watching. The first two rounds of the King of DDT tournament are in the books, and it being a tournament, it's especially easy to get into even if you're not a regular DDT watcher, or one of those folks that likes the good wrestling but not the comedy (though night two also has some terrific stuff for regular DDT watchers who do like the comedy). 

I got in the mood to watch some DDT after the Cyberfight Festival and the tournament matches of the King of DDT tournament are indeed very good for the most part.

However, the comedy side of DDT is really almost completely unwatchable to me at this point. Back in the 2000s I used to like both sides of DDT, but back then the comedy used to be universal, nowadays it seems like you're completely lost, if you don't speak Japanese.  Two guys oiling each other up so they slip through their opponents hands? That's hilarious and requires no explanation! Now it's never-ending PowerPoint presentations, Antonio Honda stopping matches midway through to tell some long-winded story, there's a guy doing a Magnum TOKYO tribute gimmick and I have no idea what his whole deal is etc. Of course there's still Danshoku Dino, but he's been doing the same old shtick for the last 20 years and I just think I've seen enough of that gimmick at this point.

The only DDT comedy I still enjoy is happening on the special shows (like the one at the water park) and the Chris Brookes Produce shows (Mecha Mummy vs. Mokujin Ken? Yes, please!).