DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

Jun Akiyama's next defense for the KOD OW title is on Aug 21st in Kawasaki Stadium. 

The Wrestle Peter Pan show at Kawasaki Stadium show will have two rings, one regular, one for an exploding deathmatch for Onita.

Edited by D.Z

Top 3 greatest leaps in quality this week. Ranked.

(Spoiled because of spoilers)

Spoiler

3) Mutoh -> Young Lion Marufuji as GHC Champion

2) Nobody at all -> SHINGO!!!!!!!!! as IWGP New Japan World Heavyweight Champion (or whatever it's called now)

1) Hiromu is injured and Daryl is gone -> Hiromu is getting better and DARYL has (apparently) returned!!!!!!

Overall a pretty exciting week for Japanese pro wrestling. 

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 2

Looking at the NJPW Kuzuna Road lineups, looks like Yuya Uemura and Yota Tsuji are doing their pre-excursion Singles asskickings.  With RoH seemingly not a partner and CMLL being iffy, I'm curious as to where they're going.

Honestly, I'd just graduate them to the main roster. Unless they want to send them to AEW. Tsuji wants to go to Mexico but I just can't see it working. Plus getting some new guys on the main roster will freshen up the lower card tags. I really like Uemura.

AJPW

Koji Iwamoto defeated CIMA for the Junior title.. Kento and Yuma retained their world tags.  The new tall brothers faced Takao Omori & Ryuki Honda in their first match and lost. They want to do chokeslams, their colours are blue and white. One of the brothers wants to get bigger weight wise like 80's gaijin size.

96eda18f22d394eb2429a24fce662c32-322x450

Edited by D.Z

UWF had their debut show, they used the UWF rules with points. Minoru Tanaka declared Tokyo Dome show someday.

E3b8uEYVEAYmo66?format=jpg&name=large

Results from purolove

1. Lidet UWF Rule : Hikaru Sato (D0 / E0) defeated Kaz Hayashi (D1 / E0) (0:42) with a Front choke.
2. Lidet UWF Rule : Hideki "Shrek" Sekine & Taido Abe (Fuminori Abe) (D0 / E1) defeat Minoru Tanaka & Soma Watanabe (D1 / E1) (9:19) by TKO (Sekine defeated Watanabe with a Throwing German Suplex ).
3. Lidet UWF Rule : Takatoshi Matsumoto (D0 / E2) defeats Yu Iizuka (D0 / E3) (15:00) with lost points (3-2).
4. Lidet UWF Rule: Daijiro Matsui (D0 / E0) vs. Takuya Wada (D0 / E0) - Time Limit Draw (15:00) (5-5 lost points).
5. Lidet UWF Rule : Takanori Ito (D0 / E3) defeats Ryo Kawamura (D2 / E0) (14:51) by TKO -> Referee Stop (Right High Kick)

Josh Barnett and Chris Ridgeway are expected to show up at later shows.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 3

I'm really looking forward to watching that show whenever NicoNico takes it from being a PPV to a regular "you get this for your NicoNico sub" show. Though I can't really say I understand how NicoNico works half the time, at least I've another reason for having it than just 2AW.

NJPW Dominion 2018. What a show with Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega IV in my top ten Greatest Matches of All Time. A ***** match. Speaking of great, 2018 is the last NJPW year I'd say that about.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

NJPW Dominion 2018. What a show with Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega IV in my top ten Greatest Matches of All Time. A ***** match. Speaking of great, 2018 is the last NJPW year I'd say that about.

That is the show.that, once and for all, got me to stop being all "Old Man Yells at Cloud" w/r/t Kenny and the Bucks. Absolutely one of my favourite pro wrestling shows of all time. 

Probably, if I hadn't enjoyed that show so much I wouldn't be a fan of AEW now.

Surprising that it was three years ago. 

• Like 1

Ganbare will lose the GWC 6-Man Tag Team Titles to Guts Ishijima if the the next challengers don't beat him and his partners. The belts originally belonged to defunct Guts World (shut down in 2018.) And Guts wants to seal them away.

However Ganbare will be getting their own created belts for the first time, the mixed tags.

12 hours ago, Jiji said:

Yeah, two best matches I've ever seen.

Same here. Hart/Austin from WrestleMania 13 and Kobashi/Misawa vs. Kawada/Taue (9th June 1995) fight it out for my #1 Greatest Match of All Time while Okada/Omega from Dominion 2018 is in my top ten.

Kota Ibushi...if he wins aganist Shingo he will go back to his mission of spreading pro wrestling in Japan and the World. Also If he defeats Shingo he will wrap the World title around his waist for the first time.

Edited by D.Z

main_content2_00146_1.jpg

Japan Pro Wrestling 70th Anniversary Tournament "LEGACY" to be held, the group's below are invited:

New Japan Pro Wrestling
All Japan Pro Wrestling
Michinoku Pro Wrestling
Dainippon Wrestling
DDT Pro Wrestling
DRAGON GATE
Pro Wrestling Noah
Pro Wrestling ZERO1
2AW

Also freelancers, local guys, legends.

Edited by D.Z