DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

Another match added for the AJPW Ota Ward show:

Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yasufumi Nakanoue. Big debut match for those new rookies.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Yatsu will participate in the Cyber Fight Festival 2021 show in a time lag battle royale.

20210426-03081143-tospoweb-000-8-view.jp

AWESOME!  Last I heard was that Yatsu was getting his leg amputated and the head of DDT was visiting him in the hospital.  I'm glad he's healthy enough to wrestle now.

• Like 3

His new leg allows him to wrestle, does stuff other prosthetics can't do.

From https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/ the card so far for CYBERFIGHT FESTIVAL 2021

0. STARTING BATTLE ~ Staggered Admission Battle Royal: Yoshiaki Yatsu Vs X
0. STARTING BATTLE MAIN ~ Ganbare☆Pro Wrestling Offer Match: X Vs X
1. DDT Vs NOAH Battle: Yuki Iino, Keigo Nakamura & Toui Kojima Vs Junta Miyawaki, Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano
2. DDT Vs NOAH Battle: Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno Vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura
3. Princess Of Princess Title: Rika Tatsumi (c) Vs Winner Of 4th May 3 Way Match
4. GHC Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) Vs X
5. KO-D Openweight Title: Jun Akiyama (c) Vs HARASHIMA

The battle royal will have NOAH and DDT guys too.

19 minutes ago, D.Z said:

2. DDT Vs NOAH Battle: Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno Vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura

Man, that looks awesome.

• Like 2

AJPW Ota ward show so far

- Saito Brothers debut
- CIMA (c) vs. Koji Iwamoto for the AJPW Jr. Title
- Yoshitatsu vs. former boxer, PRIDE & K-1 fighter Yosuke Nishijima
- #STRONGHEARTS T-Hawk, El Lindaman & Issei Onitsuka in action

- Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial Match: Shiro Koshinaka, Shinichi Nakano, Masahiko Takasugi
- Triple Crown: Suwama (c) vs. Champion Carnival winner

Not the final card

DDT/NOAH/TOKYO JOSHI PRO/GANBARE☆PRO “CYBERFIGHT FESTIVAL 2021”, 06/06/2021
Saitama Super Arena

1. DDT Vs NOAH Battle: Yuki Iino, Keigo Nakamura & Toui Kojima Vs Junta Miyawaki, Kinya Okada & Yasutaka Yano
3. Princess Of Princess Title: Rika Tatsumi (c) Vs Winner Of 4th May 3 Way Match
4. GHC Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) Vs Naomichi Marufuji
5. KO-D Openweight Title: Jun Akiyama (c) Vs HARASHIMA

• Like 1

Lineup for AJPW's Ota Ward show on 5/16 (Courtesy of Purolove):

AJPW "CHAMPIONS NIGHT 2021 ~ FROM THE LAND OF TRIPLE CROWN UNIFICATION FLIGHT TO THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY", 16.05.2021 (AJPW.tv)
Ota City General Gymnasium

- Atsuki Aoyagi, Rising HAYATO & Francesco Akira vs. T-Hawk , El Lindaman & Issei Onitsuka
- Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial Match: Masanobu Fuchi, Shiro Koshinaka, Masahiko Takasugi & Ryuji Hijikata vs. Great Kojika (BJW), Shinichi Nakano, Osamu Nishimura & Chikara
- Shotaro Ashino & Ryuki Honda vs. Koji Doi & Kuma Arashi
- Jun Saito & Rei Saito Debut Match: Jun Saito & Rei Saito vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yasufumi Nakanoue
- Road to Royal Road Strong Style - Different Martial Arts Fight 3rd: Yoshitatsu vs. Yosuke Nishijima
- AJPW TV Six Man Tag Team Title: Takao Omori, Black Menso~re & Carbell Ito (c) vs. TAJIRI, Hokuto Omori & Yusuke Kodama
- All Asia Tag Team Title: Zeus & Izanagi (c) vs. Hikaru Sato & Dan Tamura
- AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: CIMA (c) vs. Koji Iwamoto
- AJPW World Tag Team Title: Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi (c) vs. Shuji Ishikawa Kohei Sato
- Triple Crown: Suwama (c) vs. Jake Lee

Honestly, this looks pretty good! Not only a good card that can produce good matches, but the booking actually makes sense, from top to bottom. If you grabbed an AJPWTV subscription an had to pay for May just for the CC finals, well, it's nice that you get this card as well.

Edited by Control

AJPW news

I think Jake Lee will want to keep the current Triple Crown as is if he wins.

Something in the news about Suwama and TJPW's Yuki Kamifuku,  they both share interests in driving and motorcycles.

CyberFight news

The group Kongo of NOAH will face DDT dudes at the CyberFight Fest 2021 show. Kenoh vs Takagi are the respective leaders 

The 3 title matches for the CyberFight Fest 2021 theme is veterans at the top.

Updated Card

Saitama Super Arena

2. Match Provided By NOAH: Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada & Hajime Ohara Vs Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA & Seiki Yoshioka
3. DDT Vs Kongo Full Scale 14-Man Tag Team Match: Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura, Yukio Naya & Hideki Okatani Vs Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya, Manaby Soya, Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke
4. DDT Vs NOAH Battle: Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno Vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura
5. Princess Of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita (c) Vs Yuka Sakazaki
6. GHC Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) Vs Naomichi Marufuji
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Jun Akiyama (c) Vs HARASHIMA

Japan's COVID-19 state of emergency will be extended to end of May. Also Aichi and Fukuoka are included now. Spectators at large events will be allowed with a cap of 5,000 or 50 percent of venue capacity.

The Japanese government is also set to extend a quasi-state of emergency for Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Ehime and Okinawa prefectures to the end of May and add Hokkaido, Gifu and Mie. Miyagi, which has seen a fall in coronavirus cases will be removed from the SOE.

Edited by D.Z

Watched a bit of DDT's Max Bump show from Tuesday mostly for Saki Akai vs. Chris Brookes. Brookes tried to bully Saki into getting really into the match to the point she threw a really, really fucking good punch (the woman on commentary immediately shouted "GUH PUNCHI" which made me smile). The problem with this match and all matches like it is for it to work, it's gotta be real stiff/tight and this was not with a few exceptions. I appreciate what they went for (Saki being a tough out and pushing Brookes after Chris initially took her lightly) but it just didn't work because most of it was so light, there's no crowd to play into it, and the ringside camera was like a foot away from their weaker strikes. Saki keeps improving. Brookes is good at what he does. And, generally speaking, this is how most intergender matches should be worked if there is a size/skill gap like there is here but with the need for tightness. Fun but flawed match. I also enjoyed Kenoh coming out and shitting on DDT by the sounds of it. 

Looking forward to Cyberfight Festival. As far as money wrestling goes, they've done a good job of building up the different brands. I think NOAH has benefitted the most but tbh I would only watch the odd NOAH match prior to the Lidet buyout. Why isn't Endo on the show though? Could be in the battle royal but brother deserves more than that. Think all the top matches will be fun but I'm probably looking forward to 4 & 5 the most.

Edited by Jiji
BrookEs

On 5/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, D.Z said:

Updated Card

Saitama Super Arena

2. Match Provided By NOAH: Atsushi Kotoge, Daisuke Harada & Hajime Ohara Vs Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA & Seiki Yoshioka
3. DDT Vs Kongo Full Scale 14-Man Tag Team Match: Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura, Yukio Naya & Hideki Okatani Vs Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masa Kitamiya, Manaby Soya, Haoh, Nioh & Tadasuke
4. DDT Vs NOAH Battle: Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno Vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura
5. Princess Of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita (c) Vs Yuka Sakazaki
6. GHC Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) Vs Naomichi Marufuji
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Jun Akiyama (c) Vs HARASHIMA

I expected most of the card to be Six-Man Tags, since there are three big title matches on the show and all will go long presumably, but Match 2 is completely unnecessary, You could have that on any random NOAH show. And a 14-Man tag? Do we really need Haoh, Nioh and Tadasuke in there? Just scrap those three and three of the DDT guys and this would look much better. At least we get a small taste of the Nakamura/Sakaguchi confrontation I was hoping for.

Match 4 is looking the best to me out of all the matches.

Let's hope this show can even take place at this point.

Super Sasadango Machine and a very reluctant Danshoku Dieno challenged Sugiura-Gun to a tag match at Cyberfight Festival during the DDT Tag League Night 1 show today.

Honda-Brookes vs Akiyama-Oishi was fun. Akiyama facing off with long time members of DDT has been great. 

Edited by Spontaneous

KING OF DDT 2021 16 competitors: Akito, Jun Akiyama, Yuki Ueno, Tetsuya Endo, Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata, Chris Brookes, Yukio Sakaguchi, Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao, Konosuke Takeshita, HARASHIMA, Kazusada Higuchi, Yuji Hino, MAO and Naomi Yoshimura.

ultimate-tag-league2021-day1i.jpg

Edited by D.Z

Daisuke Sasaki, Tetsuya Endo & Soma Takao Vs Chris Brookes, Shunma Katsumata & MAO added to CYBERFIGHT FESTIVAL 2021.

Battle Royal names, NOAH participants will be announced later.

ultimate-tag-league2021-day1k.jpg

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Swapping Hino and Takao would've been perfect but this is still good.

Are they really not going to delay the show though? I can't imagine the cost or running the Saitama Super Arena and then not being able to sell any tickets to recoup that... Is a change of venue likelier than a delay?

Edited by Jiji

The show will continue as is but possible limits on crowd size. Saitama is under quasi-emergency rules, also it's next month and the show is not under any current SOE that expires at the end of May.

Edited by D.Z

CyberFight: The following people below are the respective aces of their brands regardless of who are the top champions

Konosuke Takeshita is the ACE of DDT.

Kaito Kiyomiya is the ACE of NOAH.

Miyu Yamashita is the ACE of TJPW.

Of course I haven't mentioned who are the Rivals, the Strongest. But some other day.