DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

Both are around 6 foot 3, their sports background is Sumo. Jun Saito's target is Kento while Rei is Shuji and Suwama.

CC press confrence, could expect several matches to set up Shuji's future TV title defenses.

Edited by D.Z

For the New Lidet UWF brand, Minoru Tanaka has changed the match limits...30 mins for main, 15 mins regular singles matches, 20 mins for tag. They will face Hard Hit guys.

Edited by D.Z

On 4/2/2021 at 12:52 PM, D.Z said:

Jun Akiyama vs Dino soon, if Jun wins..Main Road takes over DDT-ism or Cultural Pro Wrestling.  Well in the main events at least.

It was every bit as completely mindblowing as you would've expected.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

It was every bit as completely mindblowing as you would've expected.

even better than I expected, too, tbh. I don't know whether I was doubting Akiyama's commitment to the bit or whether that would translate to an actually dramatic match, but either way, my doubts were unfounded.

The tag title match between Eruption and HARASHIMA/Okabayashi team was quite good too, though I do think that matchup has another level they could get to.

21 hours ago, D.Z said:

Yoshitatsu will face former WBF cruiserweight champ Yosuke Nishijima at the Ota Ward show. Bigger deal because it's wrestler vs boxer.

Funnily enough, this isn't the first time this match has happened! They ran it in Hard Hit in 2019, which very helpfully got uploaded earlier today

• Like 1

State of Emergency is back and extended to May 11 for Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo prefectures. Tougher restrictions such as the closure of department stores and shopping malls expected to be in place through the Golden Week holidays.

The same restrictions pro wrestling shows already have in effect may be ok. large events will be banned from having spectators, and fewer buses and trains will operate on weekends and holidays.

Places serving alcohol have to temporarily close, and shutting down major commercial facilities will happen.

So far only 1 percent of the population are vaccinated in Japan. 

• Thanks 1