DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

On 1/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, D.Z said:

It's  purchasable in different sizes on their shop, pants included.

156611355.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20210105181

117192276_10157619872498862_322686545605

117310706_10157619211993862_261640656400

I imported this New Japan Pro-Wrestling hoodie from Japan last year to England. Go up a size from your usual. I'm a Large and this is a XL, it's not a loose one. Its like a Medium.

I've hung my NJPW hoodie up with my UFC Sherpa hoodie. The UFC is Large yet it's a couple of centimetres longer at the waist and arms than the NJPW XL. I asked @El Gran Gordi about Japanese sizing after mine arrived, I meant to beforehand.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

I try not to pile on poor old All Japan, but booking Suwama vs Ashino again so soon after his last challenge, with no build, and again in an empty arena, is terrible booking. If Ashino wins, it will be out of nowhere with zero fanfare, and if he loses he’ll be in an even worse position than he’s on now.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:59 AM, matwarz said:

Surely the most depressing news of the pandemic. The time spent prior to shows being mesmerised by the sheer amount of puroresu books and magazines ?

https://www.nikkansports.com/m/baseball/news/amp/202101090000663.html?__twitter_impression=true

The article does mention that it was previously a Yamashita Book Store. Hopefully a new book store takes over the location as before.

9 hours ago, ka-to said:

The article does mention that it was previously a Yamashita Book Store. Hopefully a new book store takes over the location as before.

As Uncle Dave said, it’s not a landmark but it might as well be given the history and location. All that back stock, would be a crying shame not to see someone try to take over. 

Edited by matwarz

On 1/9/2021 at 11:24 AM, The Natural said:

117192276_10157619872498862_322686545605

117310706_10157619211993862_261640656400

I imported this New Japan Pro-Wrestling hoodie from Japan last year to England. Go up a size from your usual. I'm a Large and this is a XL, it's not a loose one. Its like a Medium.

I've hung my NJPW hoodie up with my UFC Sherpa hoodie. The UFC is Large yet it's a couple of centimetres longer at the waist and arms than the NJPW XL. I asked @El Gran Gordi about Japanese sizing after mine arrived, I meant to beforehand.

Went on the Toukon Shop Global website today to find that the XL is sold out so I timed that right.

Interesting looking through the new merchandise that there's a disclaimer:

* There may be some slight differences with the Japanese version of this T-shirt, such as size and location of print, color of drawstrings etc. Please be aware of this before purchasing.

There's also inconsistent photos:

Spoiler

057330-ec_720x.jpg?v=1608273435

Graphic is black with dark red but the hoodie Tetsuya Naito's wearing looks blue with the red faded. 

Edited by The Natural

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

The way you have your Funko Pops stacked is giving me really bad anxiety ?

Yeah, I've added to the tower of doom since August 2020. I have 43 now with two to come. I'm concerned I won't be getting one of them even though I've paid for it. Not happy there.

I also have the Movie Moments Batman and Commissioner Gordon from Batman Begins (2005) Funko POP on my DVD/VHS shelf:

fun37258-batman-begins-batman-commission

Edited by The Natural

21 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

They got Zima in a can now?

I haven't watched New Japan in a while.  I checked out the Dome show and was cracking up that Zima is a sponsor on the ring mat.  The first time I ever got drunk, it was on Zima (fall of 1995).

My mom loved that shit. I knew somebody in high school that would drop Jolly Ranchers in 'em. 

New Japan has been leaving them out for the wrestlers after the matches like they used to do with I think Coors Light. What Natural was referencing was a post-match interview where they had a bucket of Zimas and ZSJ started to walk off, then just left with the whole thing. 

• Like 2

Can't expect everything to last forever, one belt is easier to carry and would represent the new era. Wonder if both history's combine or get nullfied (still would have lineage) into something new, and if it's just IWGP HW or new name.

It's up to Sanada and whoevers next to probably stop that.

Edited by D.Z