DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIV - 1/31/2021

Dolfan in NYC

And they have completely changed what is happening on Backstage

Its now the men’s #1 and #2 will be revealed and then an exclusive match between Natalya and Tamina for who enters #30

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 5:26 AM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Mind you I'm picturing some kind of smoke and mirrors video editing where Cena doesn't have to leave his tv show set up in Canada. Somehow they send a ring up there and film something wacky that everyone hates. Goldberg beats McIntyre. Cena vs Goldberg for The Raw title. Yuck.

Hopefully someone on creative watches last night's Wandavision.

Fiend brings Cena back from the Firefly Funhouse post-snap style after the last two guys eliminate each other. Cena stands in the ring live via satellite from Canada not knowing what happened the past twelve months.

Remaining Raws to Mania are a rotating time period, till someone puts something in the wrong laundry hamper and everyone realises its just a weird manifestation of a reality designed by Cena.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, D.Z said:

New match added

SmackDown Women’s Title Match
Carmella vs. Sasha Banks (c)

Guess that means Sasha Banks will miss her first Women's Royal Rumble match. Sometimes the world champions make it in, other times they don't.

• Like 1

If there's disappointment with the Men's and Women's Royal Rumble match winners and let's be honest, disappointment is usually associated with WWE booking, there's still the second chance Elimination Chamber matches which tend to determine the other world title matches at WrestleMania.

That sucks about Keith Lee, he and Bryan are my two favorites to win.

21 announced for the men's rumble and only 13 announced for the women's. I wonder if there are people they're holding off on to confirm they're covid negative or if it's just being constantly rewritten.

Women's #30 is a real fart as well

This may be a #HotTake, but they really don't have enough female talent to do a full 30 women Royal Rumble. Every year they are going to be padded out with NXT girls and 'legends'. Rather than try to run a female version of all their big gimmicks for gender parity I'd much rather them come up with a fresh, unique gimmick that they could give to the women. 2 Rumbles on 1 show is so bloated and kind of tiring to watch. Ditto for the Chambers and WarGames. Would rather them do a yearly Evolution PPV with something new and original on it. 

Edited by killsteve

35 minutes ago, killsteve said:

This may be a #HotTake, but they really don't have enough female talent to do a full 30 women Royal Rumble. Every year they are going to be padded out with NXT girls

But, wait, I've been told since - suspiciously - late 2019, that NXT was a third brand!

even though they're only a third brand when it's convenient for WWE and are never included as a brand in things like the draft, or Survivor Series (except that one time, because Vince pissed off the Saudis...)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

21 announced for the men's rumble and only 13 announced for the women's. I wonder if there are people they're holding off on to confirm they're covid negative or if it's just being constantly rewritten.

They do this every year with the women's Rumble. As mentioned - it seems as if they don't want to expose how small the main roster is

Per the WWE website

Spoiler
  1. Alexa Bliss
  2. Asuka
  3. Charlotte Flair
  4. Dana Brooke
  5. Lacey Evans
  6. Lana
  7. Mandy Rose
  8. Naomi
  9. Nia Jax
  10. Nikki Cross
  11. Peyton Royce
  12. Shayna Baszler
  13. Bayley
  14. Bianca Belair
  15. Billie Kay
  16. Carmella
  17. Liv Morgan
  18. Natayla
  19. Ruby Riott
  20. Sasha Banks
  21. Tamina

So 21 - and that is needing the champs and their challengers to work twice

It gets to 23 if you include Maryse and Mickie James - who have I zero idea what their status would be. 24 if you include Becky Lynch - who would be returning less than 2 months after having her child. 

(I didn't include Mia Yim obviously since we know she can't be in it now).

But yeah... at least 9 spots that will have to be filled by debuting folks (Rhea Ripley for example), NXT (where they have been adamant about keeping the rosters separate due to COVID), NXT UK (travel issues due to COVID) and surprises (Rhonda, The Bella Twins who basically just claimed they are unretired)

Royal Rumble is my second favourite WWE PPV behind WrestleMania. I'm not sure I'll be watching live yet as its frustrating when a) the Royal Rumble match isn't up to standards although we've had some great recent ones, b) someone wins it who you didn't want to as happened last year with Charlotte Flair, c) Goldberg beating Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship and d) giving up sleep for it as the show goes out midnight till usually 4am Monday morning UK time and I like chatting with y'all about it afterwards.

@RIPPA I'm pretty sure Chelsea Green is either cleared to return, or is about to be, so there's that too.

Also, yeah, I was snarky in my earlier comment about this, but seriously - if they just committed to NXT being an actual third brand, then having members of the women's division in the Rumble wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal as we're making it out to be.