DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIV - 1/31/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Telling you all the Legends are gonna show up for mind games. Bray will try some "Randy Orton, This Was Your Life" deal on him. And probably get RKO'd. 

If it was like the Cena one it'd just be Bray telling him how lazy he is and him admitting it and walking off. 

• Like 1

If the person that people are thinking will debut at the Royal Rumble this year actually happens, it is probably a good thing there is no fans at the show.  I mean sure he will get a strong reaction but if thinks he is getting an AJ Styles like reaction he is in for some serious disappointment 

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

If the person that people are thinking will debut at the Royal Rumble this year actually happens, it is probably a good thing there is no fans at the show.  I mean sure he will get a strong reaction but if thinks he is getting an AJ Styles like reaction he is in for some serious disappointment 

Who are you talking about?

Asuka - Entrant 25
Becky Lynch - Entrant 28
Charlotte Flair - Entrant  17

I could see someone like Bayley or Charlotte coming in at 3 or 4, going the hour, and winning. I don't think we will see the #1 entrant win it for a while.

I'd love to see someone new though.

Give Bianca Bel Air the star making, 1+ hour run on the way to a win. Go all in on the Carmella or Lana pushes. Give Naomi the reward she deserves and have her in a featured 1 on 1 match. Let Rhea Ripley throw out 10+ women on her way to a win. Sonya DeVille? Peyton Royce?

I just hope they use both Rumbles to give us something fresh.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

If Bayley was WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion, I'd have wanted Sasha Banks to win the Women's Royal Rumble match but as Banks is champion, it's Bayley to win. I want them to main event at WrestleMania XXXVII. I think Bayley's the favourite then Charlotte Flair.

• Like 2

Bayley probably isn't even in the top five likely to win. Love her, but there really isn't much there in running Bayley/Sasha as a Wrestlemania program right now. They aren't far away enough from their recent feud.

Right now it basically has to Rhea. Only other names I could see would be a surprise return like Ronda or Becky. I do think Bianca gets the nod for challenging Smackdown's champ. I just don't think it will be via a rumble win.

As of the end of Raw, the Rumble participants are: 
MEN'S

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

Otis

Bobby Lashley

Randy Orton*

25 to go

WOMXN'S

Nia Jax

Charlotte Flair

Mandy Rose

Dana Brooke

Bayley

Bianca Bel Air

24 to go

* - Probably being pulled for a singles match. 

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

If Bayley was WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion, I'd have wanted Sasha Banks to win the Women's Royal Rumble match but as Banks is champion, it's Bayley to win. 

Many people were saying this before HiTC, but WWE isn't concerned with long-term booking because they needed a Cell match. I doubt they go back to this feud right now. I hope Bianca wins, I loved her being so dominant in this years Rumble. It doesn't get you any more over but eliminating a ton of guys every year but not win it. I'd rather Bianca win and face Sasha or Bayley as champ. 

• Like 1

My top ten Royal Rumble matches.

1. Ric Flair, 1992.

2. Steve Austin, 2001.

3. The Undertaker, 2007.

4. John Cena, 2008.

5. Triple H, 2002.

6. Asuka, 2018.

7. Shinsuke Nakamura, 2018.

8. Chris Benoit, 2004.

9. Edge, 2010.

10. Drew McIntyre, 2020.

The WWE has announced both Jeff Hardy and Peyton Royce as declaring for their respective Rumbles ahead of RAW

They join Jey Uso and Cesaro who each declared during SDL

(Since we haven't updated the master list yet)

My booking for the women's Royal Rumble match.

Bayley is #1. Bianca Belair the #2. Both start the match, go an hour and are the final two in the match. Bayley wins. I'm fine with Bianca Belair winning. We haven't had a woman go an hour in the Royal Rumble match yet, these two do and we've not had the starting two as the last two since the 1999 Royal Rumble match since Mr McMahon/Steve Austin.

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

My booking for the women's Royal Rumble match.

Bayley is #1. Bianca Belair the #2. Both start the match, go an hour and are the final two in the match. Bayley wins. I'm fine with Bianca Belair winning. We haven't had a woman go an hour in the Royal Rumble match yet, these two do and we've not had the starting two as the last two since the 1999 Royal Rumble match since Mr McMahon/Steve Austin.

Thoughts?

"This isn't fair to Belair!" ?

I'm not necessarily a fan of #1 and #2 both going coast to coast because it kinda makes the whole thing their story and everyone else look like just filler, but they make a fine final two and are probably the best choices to win

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

"This isn't fair to Belair!" ?

I'm not necessarily a fan of #1 and #2 both going coast to coast because it kinda makes the whole thing their story and everyone else look like just filler, but they make a fine final two and are probably the best choices to win

Well played, @BobbyWhioux. Thanks for agreeing with my booking.

I'm fine with Bayley or Bianca Belair winning. I'd go with Bayley though as its the only thing she hasn't done, to get Sasha Banks vs. Bayley headline WrestleMania XXXVII for the first time and Bayley can be more obnoxious than usual in the weeks leading up to it. Rhea Ripley would be my third choice.

Edited by The Natural