DVDVR Message Board

2021 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

The Natural

On 1/26/2021 at 5:18 AM, The Natural said:

ESkZCykUwAAz3zt?format=jpg&name=small

Found out yesterday Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk from UFC 248 was named the 2020 MMA Fight of the Year from sherdog.com, mmaweekly.com, mmafighting.com, World MMA Awards, BT Sport and Bleacher Report. I think it would win here as well. That was my Fight of the Year. One of the best MMA Fights of All Time. In my top ten, probably top five.

Add the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Reader Awards MMA Match of the Year to the above. Richly deserved.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:10 AM, The Natural said:

If I had to guess, I'd say it was a calf slicer that he used his neck as the fulcrum...but it also looks like he's doing something to his ankle that can't possibly be comfortable.  It reminds me of when I did Judo one of the teachers could pull the most random arm bars out of his ass.  He just understood how to to isolate your elbow and apply pressure that he could just bend your arm over his head as you're going for a choke if you extended too far in the wrong direction.  

• Like 1

Wow. Looking at how COVID has affected athletes, for some it is a massive hindrance. But this is conjecture, so who knows until he says more should he not change course.

• Sad 1