DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL Draft: 29 Apr - 1 May, 2021

Gonzo

45 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

WFT just drafted someone named Cameron Cheeseman.  I'm a bit shocked that the Packers didn't snatch him up.

He went to Michigan and I don't remember him at all. 

For the first time in 80 years, zero players from Michigan State University were selected in the NFL Draft.

It was the third-longest streak in college football behind Michigan and Southern Cal (83 years each).

• 3 weeks later...

To the surprise of no one - the NFL required the Jags to wait 7 minutes (of the 10 they were on the clock) before making the #1 pick

And meanwhile, Trevor Lawrence was ghosting them

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"Joe's Crematorium, you kill 'em we grill 'em." Seriously though, it seemed like two minutes would pass between the time they announced a pick came in and would Goodell would waddle his ass out to make it.

Edited by Kuetsar

"they finally got in touch to draft him". I love how this is framed as almost some time crunch or something. It's not like they HAD to talk to him to draft him. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tabe said:

"they finally got in touch to draft him". I love how this is framed as almost some time crunch or something. It's not like they HAD to talk to him to draft him. 

I was thinking something similar. Like...if it's 10 minutes before the biggest moment of my life...I'm probably not checking my phone. But I may be an outlier on that one. Times have changed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I was thinking something similar. Like...if it's 10 minutes before the biggest moment of my life...I'm probably not checking my phone. But I may be an outlier on that one. Times have changed.

In regards to this - I think it was clear Lawrence wasn't answering "unknown" numbers because as soon as they called from Urban's phone he answered with "What's Up Coach?" so he clearly had Meyer in his contacts

Now why there isn't some sort of system where the NFL says "You only call draftees from this phone" and then give prospects a list of all 32 numbers is beyond me.

• Like 2