DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL Draft: 29 Apr - 1 May, 2021

Gonzo

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is a little misleading stat since the last time a TE was taken in the Top 5 period was 1972

And there have only been 2 total - Ditka and Riley Odoms (not including Pitts)

I don't recall if I said Top 10 or Top 5, but the point still stands. I probably MEANT to say Top 10 and misspoke when I said it to K. 

Which, also to be fair, was a little bit of a cheat as well since Tony Gonzalez was drafted at #11. But it's still a long line of *air quotes* generational tight end prospects that bit the dust. That's closer to the point at heart. 

Edited by Josh Mann

Enjoying that they had to start sending Goodell out to announce the picks because the old farts who were supposed to be doing it kept going into business for themselves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't watch it Live. I only do the 1st Round, otherwise I catch up later. I guess the whole presentation works for some as it does get ratings but everything from the analysts to the silliness annoys the hell out of me. I am old.

• Like 1

Speaking of gimmicks that has needs to take a hiatus, unless the NFL Draft is in Philly, New York, or Washington Drew Pearson needs to be settle down.   

Franco Harris waving his mask instead of the Terrible Towel is part lovable and part messed up.  I am pretty sure waving a mask that has been on your mouth in the air is 100% not recommended by the CDC 

• Like 1

Honestly I will take all this nonsense over the NHL where after the first round the panel just talks about whatever the fuck they feel like and ignore what is going on for the next 6 rounds. All the fan involvement seems like harmless fun to me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Vikings drafting a QB whose knocks according to the panel are "accuracy, decision making, consistency" makes me very happy

Having watched virtually every snap of said QB’s college career, I’d quibble with the decision making knock, but fully agree with the rest

Mond played really well a couple times, but he was mostly just a not gonna lose you the game guy in college. Not sure that’s the kind oh QB you spend an early third on.