DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL Draft: 29 Apr - 1 May, 2021

Gonzo

I don't deny that the Packers need some help at CB but I'm still kinda numb that Rodgers wants out tbh, it feels like everything is in a holding pattern until that clears up one way or another. I don't know enough about college ball to really have any other opinion on this guy.

26 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I don't deny that the Packers need some help at CB but I'm still kinda numb that Rodgers wants out tbh, it feels like everything is in a holding pattern until that clears up one way or another. I don't know enough about college ball to really have any other opinion on this guy.

I was hoping we would draft a WR or Landon Dickinson from Bama to replace the Center we lost. 

I feel Mac Jones is a riskier pick for BB's legacy than for Jones himself.  If he doesn't pan out the "this is who you draft to replace Brady?!?!?" narrative will be huge.

Also, all of these defensive backs entering the league as the sons of players who I'm sure only finished playing yesterday makes me feel incredibly old.

On 4/28/2021 at 6:58 PM, RIPPA said:

And here is what I wrote last year in regards to said video

Awww. The year-old posts I sleep on because I wasn't tagged. ? (Context here.)

In my defense, I never said Lageman was a bust - he turned out fine and it's a shame he had to retire early. All I said was that in the moment we were pissed because you had far sexier picks like Rison, Atwater, Oliver, Wayne Martin, Hart Lee Dykes (who was a far bigger bust, albeit through no fault of his own) etc still on the board. Those 80's drafts at the Marriott inevitably turned into "blood for the blood god" moments as we were all packed in like sardines and begging for that one transformational pick that never quite panned out for the Jets.

Rams GM Les Snead has tested positive for COVID and it working the draft virtually

Both he and Sean McVay were already sorta isolating since they had been in contact with someone who was positive. McVay has so far tested negative.

Snead had had one dose of the vaccine but hadn't received his second yet so sadly we are deprived of the NFL Network lying and saying FULLY VACCINATED DRAFT ROOM~! for the Rams