DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL Draft: 29 Apr - 1 May, 2021

Gonzo

Like I said, Mac Jones didn’t fit with the amount of capital SF gave up for that pick.  Lance is a big risk,  but his upside is way higher.  Could be a superstar, if he pans out.  Mac’s top end is probably “guy who surprises you by still being on a roster 15 years from now.”

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I can’t explain it but the random fan on the stage is so infuriating 

I am more tilted but how ugly those NFL draft hats are.   

Okay I now agree with Rippa looking at Bengals fan.   Someone needs to check him

Edited by hammerva

Just now, The Man Known as Dan said:

Out of curiosity can someone post recent 1st round Tight Ends and there success rate? The last one I remember being a legit top 5 TE in football was probably Vernon Davis, but that can’t be right.

As @Josh Mann has pointed out to me... the last top 5 taken Tight End who's in Canton?  

Mike Ditka. 

2 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Out of curiosity can someone post recent 1st round Tight Ends and there success rate? The last one I remember being a legit top 5 TE in football was probably Vernon Davis, but that can’t be right.

Evan Engram has shown flashes but also has hands like me

Before that would be Eric Ebron... who also has hands like me

And then its Tyler Eifert

But for legit LEGIT first round TEs - yeah it is Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen in back to back years

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As @Josh Mann has pointed out to me... the last top 5 taken Tight End who's in Canton?  

Mike Ditka. 

This is a little misleading stat since the last time a TE was taken in the Top 5 period was 1972

And there have only been 2 total - Ditka and Riley Odoms (not including Pitts)