DVDVR Message Board

2021 Professional Wrestling Merchandise Omnibus Thread

Ryan

Does the Steve Austin IPA count as wrestling merch?  Because I bought some over the weekend.  It's underwhelming.  I was surprised to see it on sale here in Maryland until I read the can...it seems El Segundo Brewing farmed it out to a brewery in Virginia for east coast production and distribution.  I don't know a ton about the actual business of brewing but I assume that's fine.  Anyway, it was $18 for a four pack of 16oz cans, which is a little high.  I didn't realize I had picked the four pack from the store's 20% off table until the guy rang it up.  The clearance markdown should have been a clue of what I was getting into.  Aside from the higher ABV (6.7%), there's nothing special at all about this beer.  I didn't hate it but there's nothing memorable about it, nothing that would ever make me want to buy it again.  I've had some worse IPAs but I've definitely had far better.  Maybe it depends on your taste.  I'll say this: if you want an IPA that's not crazy hoppy or strong-tasting, and is crisp and drinkable, and you'll forget all about it in a week, this is for you, I guess.  It feels like an IPA aimed right at people who don't necessarily like IPAs.  It's like a slightly more flavorful version one of those all-day IPAs like Lagunitas Daytime.  Anyway, that's a lot of words and a meandering paragraph to say the beer that Stone Cold put his name on is very very average.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I'll say this: if you want an IPA that's not crazy hoppy or strong-tasting, and is crisp and drinkable, and you'll forget all about it in a week, this is for you, I guess.  It feels like an IPA aimed right at people who don't necessarily like IPAs.

If I remember correctly when I still listened to his podcast Steve was a few months on the IPA train when he worked on this beer with El Segundo.  So it's possible that what he signed off on might likely be according to how he approached IPAs at that time.  Don't know if his tastes changed since then but I know it took some time before I found IPAs that worked for me.

Now saying that I did get a 4-pack last year and thought it was a nice drinkable IPA.  Not one of my favorites ever but still did the job and it was kind of nice to have on a hot summer day.  But I can't see getting it again especially for that price.  At the least that price should be for a 6-pack and it needs to be for a damn good beer (and that's not considering some rare or limited batch stuff that some breweries do).  Otherwise I'll have to think twice about it.

By the gods, a piece of wearable Okada merch that isn't completely embarrassing, but will only look good if you're trim or possibly work for the Mafia. The gold is darker on it than shown in this image.

Kazuchika Okada"MONEY CLIP"Tracksuit(white x gold)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

By the gods, a piece of wearable Okada merch that isn't completely embarrassing, but will only look good if you're trim or possibly work for the Mafia. The gold is darker on it than shown in this image.

Kazuchika Okada"MONEY CLIP"Tracksuit(white x gold)

Decent Kazuchika Okada merch for once but I find it funny that it's marred by the Money Clip hated by the majority of people.

Hey @D.ZI'm not even sure if you're going to get any AEW figures but I just found out Hikaru Shida's part of series 6.  Oh, and Hager too but I'm not interested in that.

Speaking of which the announcements and preorders are almost coming in too fast for my liking.  I say that because I get three figures from series 4 which isn't cheap then see soon after series 5 has at least a few that I want.  For the sake of people's wallets I kind of wish they would slow it down a bit because it's either preorder right away or go the re-seller market and hope for the best.  If the stores got their shit together this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@NikoBaltimoreseries 6 is apparently Hager, Jericho, MJF, Shida, Penta, and Fenix. I’ll double dip on lucha bros and I want shida but not interested in the other three. From series 5 I’m only getting jungle boy so my interest is definitely slowing down (although there’s still a number of unreleased people I want). 

Series 5 is coming out in late may and there aren’t even photos of the figures yet so we all should have some time for series 6. Seems like this is the earliest reveal yet. 

• Like 2

That's true but with the way that people have been buying these up I just don't trust having patience on the chance they sell out.  But for 6 considering I'm getting Boss Fight Penta and Fenix it'll need to be completely spectacular for me to consider series 6 versions.  Otherwise I may have lucked out in only wanting the Shida figure at this time.

On 2/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, The Natural said:

@Casey, @NikoBaltimore, @Craig H and @Jiji: The AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie is 50% off right now. Managed to grab a large for my 6th of March Birthday. Just found out.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:46 AM, The Natural said:

Guess what arrived today? Yes, The AEW Logo Premium Varsity Zip Hoodie! Tried it on and it's a perfect fit. So warm. Got here quick, on the website it says Due to Covid-19, international shipments may take over 30 days to arrive. Ordered on the 3rd of February and arrived on the 22nd today. I'd recommend that hoodie to y'all!

Same time a brand new with tags TapouT hoodie arrived. When TapouT was an MMA brand. Really hard getting the MMA ones now since the relaunch in 2015 especially new with tags.

159226413_10158104691403862_616885346970

Photo taken on my birthday, 6th March 2021.

• Like 8