DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

46 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wow...Julio on that team would crazy. Puts them solidly up there with KC in the AFC.

I've been wrong... a lot... but if I had to rank the reasons the Bills freed up space now I'd put it in order of likelihood:

1. Best CB available (Sherman? Steven Nelson?)
2. Ertz (maybe waiting to see if he gets cut soon)
3. Josh Allen extension to put more money in year one/free up space later 
4. Julio Jones
5. Other

At his cost (both contract and draft pick) I just don't think the move was for Julio. Not that he wouldn't help, course he would, but WR isn't the Bills' biggest need (CB, DT, and TE are) so it would be an expensive move.  Not that I'd mind, of course.

• Like 1

Its worth it for the Titans if he can stay healthy and doesn't demand a new contract after this year which is what many are theorizing. He is still a legit WR1 and a great pickup, but he is also 32 years old so I assume they'd be hesitate to extend him to a big money deal, maybe they will redo his current deal enough to make him happy. I guess no one bit on the 1st round pick that the Falcons reportedly wanted.

• Like 1

I'm not really sure what point he is even trying to make. The issue with the Hopkins trade wasn't just the haul (although Hopkins > Julio at this point) but that the Texans should have made him happy and not traded him in the first place. Because he was/is one of the best WRs in the league. Everyone understands why the Falcons are dumping Julio, its apples and oranges.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, RIPPA said:

Every time i remember Tomlin has been in Pittsburgh for a decade and a half, I'm amazed all over again that Bill Cowher never took another head coaching job.  I honestly expected him to be an NFL lifer.

Reports out of SF is that OT Justin Skole tore his ACL and S Tavarius Moore tore an Achilles during Monday's practice. 

No word on why the Niners moved their practice facilities to an old Indian burial ground. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

No word on why the Niners moved their practice facilities to an old Indian burial ground. 

They decided being haunted by the spirits of dead Indians was preferable to being haunted by Colin Kaepernick?

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reports out of SF is that OT Justin Skole tore his ACL and S Tavarius Moore tore an Achilles during Monday's practice. 

Maybe they brought in Bielsa and he trained them too hard. 

The NFL is looking for a team to agree to be its International Partner for a series of games to be held in Germany (think how the Jags agreed to play in London every year)

The goal is to start the series next year (2022) and potentially play the game during Oktoberfest

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The NFL is looking for a team to agree to be its International Partner for a series of games to be held in Germany (think how the Jags agreed to play in London every year)

The goal is to start the series next year (2022) and potentially play the game during Oktoberfest

I am sure they will find a willing team if they throw enough money at them. But the Jags deal was easier since their owner has connections in London, so they better have a plan to make it worth their while.

• Like 1

On paper its a small thing, but players really don't think things through sometimes.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31621365/leveon-bell-says-retire-playing-kansas-city-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-social-media-post

Here is a free agent RB (a position teams are already generally happy to phase out players) that hasn't had a good season in four years. He wasn't happy in Pittsburgh, wasn't happy in New York, and now is expressing he didn't like playing in KC. What motivation would a team have to bring him in? I am assuming his goal is to wait for an injury to open up a spot but chances are he isn't going to get another 'workhouse' RB job like he wants, I'm sure his agent texted him after that post.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami CB Xavien Howard is holding out of mini-camp for a new contract.  

giphy-gif-11.gif?fit=500,375&ssl=1

grr

That makes Tua throwing 5 INTS yesterday that much more infuriating. 

7 hours ago, Chaos said:

That makes Tua throwing 5 INTS yesterday that much more infuriating. 

In practice.  In a monsoon.  He's fine.  Fucking Mahomes had one practice when he threw 6 picks. 

He won the MVP that year.  

And in a similar vein... weird report out of Baltimore saying the Ravens are not allowing Lamar to be filmed throwing the ball during practice.   My guess is they saw the reaction to the Tua story and said, none of that for us, thanks. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, supremebve said:

This is pretty fair. You can decide not to be vaccinated, but you'll have to follow all the safety protocols from last season. 

So, in addition to this, the NFL has said teams that reach an 85% threshold of vaccinated players/employees will also get even more relaxed standards (not definite yet, but probably).   

The two teams that have reached that level so far are: New Orleans and Miami. ❤️