DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dallas Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith will be switching to #9

It will cost him around $500K to do so.

He acknowledged that he could have made the switch next year at no cost but he wanted to do it now.

He said he reached out to Tony Romo and he got Jerry Jones' approval for the switch

Hopefully he least can/does donate the clothing to those that need it so its not just money flushed down the toilet. Not sure how that works but I assume they try to do something with any clothes already printed.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Hopefully he least can/does donate the clothing to those that need it so its not just money flushed down the toilet. Not sure how that works but I assume they try to do something with any clothes already printed.

Well I think that is more the NFL's call than his.

I don't believe he is actually buying the stock. Think of it more as compensating the NFL for the items.

And then I assume the NFL donates the stuff to impoverish countries like they do with the gear for the teams that don't win the Super Bowl

Of course, it would be like the NFL to just roll up on a dude's house and leave boxes upon boxes in their driveway

• Haha 3

Since we are all 46 (or will be this year) - we are 3 years older than the oldest player in the league

Those posts I used to make about @DEANare way too real now

There is part of me scared to do a NFL HEAD COACHES YOUNGER THAN ME list

• Haha 2

I'll go ahead and do it for funsies.

NFL Head Coaches younger than me (currently 44, 45 in September):

• Sean McVay (35)
  • Arthur Smith (38)
  • Brandon Staley (38)
  • Zac Taylor (38)
  • Joe Judge (39)
  • Nick Sirianni (39)
  • Kevin Stefanski (39)
  • Brian Flores (40)
  • Kliff Kingsbury (41)
  • Matt LaFleur (41)
  • Kyle Shanahan (41)
  • Robert Saleh (42)
  • Matt Nagy (43)

So I'm older than a little less than half of the head coaches in the NFL.

Dan Campbell is 45, Mike Vrabel is 45, Matt Rhule is 46, Sean McDermott is 47.

Edited by Gonzo

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since we are all 46 (or will be this year) - we are 3 years older than the oldest player in the league

Those posts I used to make about @DEANare way too real now

There is part of me scared to do a NFL HEAD COACHES YOUNGER THAN ME list

My oldest daughter is 24.  We could start a new Players Younger Than Haley poll.  Yes, I named my daughter after Charles Haley.  I am 55!  OLD~!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DEAN said:

My oldest daughter is 24.  We could start a new Players Younger Than Haley poll.  Yes, I named my daughter after Charles Haley.  I am 55!  OLD~!

I'm 34. It's scary to me that the youngest coach is a little over a year older than me. If Joe Brady gets an HC job soon, that'll be a coach younger than me. 

• Like 1

FYI, the next step in this depressing conversation is figuring out how many of your favorite players from your youth are dead. 

ANYWAY...

The 2022 Salary cap will be....   $208.2 Million.  ?‍♂️

56 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

FYI, the next step in this depressing conversation is figuring out how many of your favorite players from your youth are dead. 

ANYWAY...

My youth was the early 1980s so I'm amazed at how many are still alive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ANYWAY...

So that's about $20 million more than this year? That ought to help with Josh Allen's new contract. . . 

Edited by Kuetsar

Niners center (and former Giant) Weston Richburg is retiring citing injuries (he probably read the writing on the wall with San Fran signing Alex Mack this offseason)

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Niners center (and former Giant) Weston Richburg is retiring citing injuries (he probably read the writing on the wall with San Fran signing Alex Mack this offseason)

It's been known for a couple of months that he was going to retire, he just waited until after June 1st to help the Niners cap situation.