DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

The Giants ended up signing Kelvin Benjamin. They also signed former Eagle Corey Clement

Joe Judge said they play on seeing if Benjamin can also play TE (which apparently is where they had him play during the tryout)

I am sure that will go well

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Giants ended up signing Kelvin Benjamin. They also signed former Eagle Corey Clement

Joe Judge said they play on seeing if Benjamin can also play TE (which apparently is where they had him play during the tryout)

I am sure that will go well

This seems like a specific move designed to fire up Evan Engram in training camp. He's had the ole butterfingers too many times when it's mattered. So let's bring in a guy whose only upside is how good his hands are. He got too big to effectively run WR routes, but Kelvin Benjamin's hands were always money. So you line him up next to Engram in drills and Engram starts getting mad that Benjamin is catching everything. Gets him to focus and push himself and maybe his buttery soft fingers start working properly. Then you can cut Benjamin before the season starts.

Orrrrrrr I'm just trying to a positive spin on a really fucking stupid roster move ?‍♂️

• Like 1

I tend not to get toooooooo worked up about offseason moves because who the fuck knows what the roster breaking camp will be.

That being said - if I was Evan Engram, I would worry move about Kyle Rudolph being signed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I was like "hah, that's an okay parody headline" and then it slowly dawned on me it was real.

The man hasn't even gotten to a real training camp yet and already I've facepalmed like 35 times during his tenure.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

E1nDozoWYAIv5qe?format=jpg&name=medium

This thing will get loose and maul D'Andre Swift within 15 minutes of me drafting him in fantasy this August.

"THIS GUY IS MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!"

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

The man hasn't even gotten to a real training camp yet and already I've facepalmed like 35 times during his tenure.

As the kids in the one Discord server I'm in like to say: MOOD

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 8:58 AM, RIPPA said:

I tend not to get toooooooo worked up about offseason moves because who the fuck knows what the roster breaking camp will be.

That being said - if I was Evan Engram, I would worry move about Kyle Rudolph being signed.

Between this and Pujols to the Dodgers, it's been a wonderful weekend of knowing my friends are going feel my pain so hard this season.  

• Like 1

Washington has told Morgen Moses that he can seek a trade (and if there is no trade they are gonna releasing him)

Basically unless you played for Ron Rivera before, he is getting rid of you

On 5/17/2021 at 2:39 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

This thing will get loose and maul D'Andre Swift within 15 minutes of me drafting him in fantasy this August.

Will be the first time a Lion could stop someone with ball as well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2021 at 4:21 PM, RIPPA said:

Washington has told Morgen Moses that he can seek a trade (and if there is no trade they are gonna releasing him)

Basically unless you played for Ron Rivera before, he is getting rid of you

Moses was officially released today

Though people are currently more outraged that Washington fired their long time secretary

Julio Jones is apparently leaving the Falcons, and apparently has no interest in going to Dallas. 

This is according to.... Julio Jones.  Who -- may or may not -- have known he was saying all of this live on the air. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is according to.... Julio Jones.  Who -- may or may not -- have known he was saying all of this live on the air. 

Unless FOX Sports wants to be paying a large FCC fine... he knew

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Unless FOX Sports wants to be paying a large FCC fine... he knew

You can hear the female host say "can you remind him that we're on television" which would imply he'd been told at least once he was on TV.  And the attention they're getting is probably worth the fine.  A possibly larger issue is that California is a 2-party consent state when it comes to recording phone calls.  

Edited by Tabe

Dallas Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith will be switching to #9

It will cost him around $500K to do so.

He acknowledged that he could have made the switch next year at no cost but he wanted to do it now.

He said he reached out to Tony Romo and he got Jerry Jones' approval for the switch