DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Panthers 1st round pick Jaycee Horn (who I keep forgetting is Joe Horn's kid) announced that he will wear #8 in honor of Kobe Bryant (He also was the 8th pick in the draft)

So yeah - whoever the person was that noted to expect most rookies to be taking advantage of the new rule was probably right

To keep following up on this

Peter King had a list this morning of all the dudes switching to single digit uniforms.

• Cardinals S Budda Baker: 3.
  • Colts WR Parris Campbell: 1.
  • Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase: 1.
  • Dolphins WR Will Fuller: 3.
  • Dolphins WR Allen Hurns: 8.
  • Dolphins CB Noah Igbinoghene: 9.
  • Jets WR Elijah Moore: 8.
  • Cowboys LB Micah Parsons: 11.
  • Vikings CB Patrick Peterson: 7.
  • Falcons TE Kyle Pitts: 8.
  • Packers WR Amari Rodgers: 8.
  • Bills WR Emmanuel Sanders: 1.
  • Eagles WR Devonta Smith: 6.
  • Broncos CB Patrick Surtain: 2.
  • Bucs LB Joe Tryon: 9.
  • Saints LB Pete Werner: 20

So obviously his list isn't 100% accurate but it gives you a sense of what people are doing

If you are a Jaguars fans and NOT some blind homer for Ohio State, Florida, or Clemson, you have to be freaking out over the last 6 months.  He really doesn't seem to get this whole NFL thing

Unless you are still in "Hey at least he isn't Doug Marrone" mode

• Like 1

Sterling Shepard will be switching to #3. As a Giants fan - I can ensure you he doesn't have to worry about an unused stock of jerseys.

• Haha 4

As a reminder - the schedule will be released tomorrow

The Week 1 schedule will be released at 8 AM EST as each Network will be announcing their games for that week.

Peter King says the opening game will be the Bucs hosting (naturally) either the Bills or Cowboys

The rest of the schedule will be announced at 8 PM EST (though teams will leak out their schedule earlier than that)

Also - reportedly there will be no Mexico game this year

As teased - the season will open with Cowboys at Bucs

The first Sunday Night Game is  Bears at Rams

MNF is Ravens at Raiders

The rest of the Week 1 Games

FOX GAMES

Seahawks at Colts, 1 p.m.
Eagles at Falcons, 1 p.m.
Vikings at Bengals, 1 p.m.
49ers at Lions, 1 p.m.
Broncos at Giants, 4:25 p.m.
Packers at Saints, 4:25 p.m.

CBS GAMES

Jaguars at Texans, 1 p.m.
Steelers at Bills, 1 p.m.
Jets at Panthers, 1 p.m.
Cardinals at Titans, 1 p.m.
Chargers at Washington, 1 p.m.
Browns at Chiefs, 4:25 p.m.
Dolphins at Patriots, 4:25 p.m.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm both surprised and amused that the NFL thinks they can have international games this season.

There is a reason they announced just London games and nothing else.

They feel confident that in 4 months it will be okay in the UK (at least in regards to % vaccinated, no variants the vaccines cant handle, etc...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first funky scheduling quirk that I have seen has come out.

Washington will play the Giants - Week 2

They then won't play a division game again until the last 5 weeks of the season (they end with 5 straight division games)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm both surprised and amused that the NFL thinks they can have international games this season.

I am still amused that they keep pushing the Jaguars as "England's team".   I can't think of a team who has been over there more.   And probably have lost every one there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am still amused that they keep pushing the Jaguars as "England's team".   I can't think of a team who has been over there more.   And probably have lost every one there.

Isn't it because of the Kahns' ties to England (owning a soccer club)?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The entire Pats season has supposedly leaked.  

They will apparently play @Miami week 1, then vs. Miami Week 18.  

I am... nonplussed. 

The Pats are hosting Tampa Bay.  That should be a fun one.

Also, the NFL announced before the schedule release that there are going to be two Saturday games in Week 18 this year.

I'm curious to see how they determine which games those will be. Will they be some of the games that don't have any playoff implications or games that actually matter?

43 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

In memoriam, the greatest post-game press conference in NFL history.

Important to note that this came after a game that Minnesota won.

Man, that was great.  Had never seen it before.  What I love is that he's mad and he's profane and he's kind of abrupt but...he's not rude.  He answers all the questions honestly, completely, no anger toward the press, none of that.  Beautiful stuff.

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Man, that was great.  Had never seen it before.  What I love is that he's mad and he's profane and he's kind of abrupt but...he's not rude.  He answers all the questions honestly, completely, no anger toward the press, none of that.  Beautiful stuff.

The story behind it is that the Vikings beat the Rams 23-21 in overtime. The Rams got to 21 the conventional way by scoring 3 TDs. The Vikings got there by getting 7 field goals from Rich Karlis, 5 of which were from 30 yards or less, because their red zone offense was the shits.

Then they won on the first OT safety in NFL history when Mike Merriweather blocked the Rams' punt when they went three-and-out on their first possession and the ball went out of the end zone.

The offense was getting booed off the field all game and Burnsie wasn't too thrilled about it.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 2