DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

If I'm Aaron Rodgers, then why stay? Tom Brady was right. Eventually an organization starts doing stupid shit or does stupid shit for years and takes you for granted. Either move on or retire early so you can still enter rooms and not forget why you went into one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Per Trey Wingo - apparently GB told Rodgers that they would try to trade him this offseason and then proceeded to make no attempt to trade him.

So Rodgers has told them to go fuck themselves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

So many questions. Is any Packer fan anything but incredibly frustrated over the whole Rodgers saga at this point?

Dude doesn't want to play for them after years of shenanigans, but if they let him go having yielded but one Super Bowl with missed opportunities for another...well...several, at least, I'd have to think it would definitively go down as one of the biggest wastes of a GOAT candidate in football history, if not all of sports (granted I suck at sports trivia).

So irritating to imagine how this era in football could've been regarded if Rodgers also had multiple Super Bowls to his credit, never mind the fact that he and Brady could've conceivably been competing against each other for these titles for most of their careers to date.

So according to Bill Barnwell, the deal in order for Washington to get Aaron Rodgers is 2 number ones,  2 number twos, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I have to think this will be the standard unless you have a really good QB

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So according to Bill Barnwell, the deal in order for Washington to get Aaron Rodgers is 2 number ones,  2 number twos, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I have to think this will be the standard unless you have a really good QB

Pretty sure that article is all theoretical.  I don't think Rivera would even think about trading away all those draft picks.

21 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Pretty sure that article is all theoretical.  I don't think Rivera would even think about trading away all those draft picks.

Yeah. Bill does those kind of columns a lot, about potential destinations and such.

• Like 1

D.K. Metcalf particpated in the 100m race today at the USATF Golden Games. He finished 15th overall, but had a respectable 10.37 time. Keep in mind this is a 6'3, 235 pound man. 

Panthers 1st round pick Jaycee Horn (who I keep forgetting is Joe Horn's kid) announced that he will wear #8 in honor of Kobe Bryant (He also was the 8th pick in the draft)

So yeah - whoever the person was that noted to expect most rookies to be taking advantage of the new rule was probably right

• Like 2