DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

3 hours ago, cubbymark said:

The NFL’s gambling partners wouldn’t be too happy with star players skipping games under those circumstances. There’s a big difference for gamblers and the betting lines knowing Aaron Rodgers is going to play vs Jordan Love. 

Bingo.  My gut says this is far more because of gambling (and to a lesser extent fantasy) interests than the league giving a crap about pissing off fans or the networks.

• Like 3

The Falcons announced that they will host a game in London this year.

Since the opponent has to be a non-divisional opponent, it will be one of these teams: Lions, Patriots, Jets, Eagles, Washington

On 4/1/2021 at 4:56 PM, Death From Above said:

Hahaha remember the time we all hallucinated that the Packers took Jordan Love in the first round, hahaha

Hey, and I say this as someone that hates the Packers with every fiber of my being, it ended up in a way being brilliant. Rodgers got pissed and delivered his best season in years. That's worth a first round pick even if Love never develops into a starter.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The NFL is reportedly ending the MNF week 1 doubleheader.

The trade off is ESPN getting two Saturday evening Week 18 games with both having "playoff implications"

The Panthers made out here. Darnold hasn't looked great. But a 2nd, a 4th, and a 6th for the 3rd overall pick from just three years ago seems pretty reasonable. Especially in this era of crazy QB compensation on trades. If he never improves, they didn't bet the farm on him. But if he does improve, they didn't lose much capital to get him.

The Jets are The Jets and will just ruin whatever their next QB is, until the end of time. It's the Joe Namath curse. He traded The Jet's soul to the devil for that Super Bowl guarantee.

• Like 1

This is one of those trades we really won't know for a couple years who won. I mean that is true of most trades I realize but it all just depends on if Darnold is broken, or if the Jets were broken and Darnold wasn't the problem. Its hard to say right now which is true. I assume that means they plan on picking up his fifth year option as that would be a lot to pay for a one year deal.

I don't know is Darnold that much of an upgrade over Bridgewater.  Teddy put up some decent numbers without McCaffrey most of year and still some eh receivers.  I mean he wasn't a playoff quality QB but I guess we will see if Sam is as well

13 hours ago, hammerva said:

I don't know is Darnold that much of an upgrade over Bridgewater.  Teddy put up some decent numbers without McCaffrey most of year and still some eh receivers.  I mean he wasn't a playoff quality QB but I guess we will see if Sam is as well

He is not an upgrade at all based on recent production. But I assume Carolina is banking on age and potential to take a chance on him.

Aaron Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy this week and next.  I watched yesterday's episode and he was OK - talked a little too slow and a little too softly but OK.  He got trolled on a Final Jeopardy answer though:

Aaron Rodgers trolled by contestant on 'Jeopardy!' about NFC championship  loss - CNN

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

Aaron Rodgers is hosting Jeopardy this week and next.  I watched yesterday's episode and he was OK - talked a little too slow and a little too softly but OK.  He got trolled on a Final Jeopardy answer though:

Aaron Rodgers trolled by contestant on 'Jeopardy!' about NFC championship  loss - CNN

His reaction was amazing.

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

His reaction was amazing.

In reading about this, I learned something I did not know - the host is able to see what the guests are writing as they're writing it.  So Rodgers had time to think of a response - and he nailed it, for sure.

Also, Rodgers was MUCH better in his second show.  

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Pats have released Julian Edelman

Rapaport is saying it's due to a failed physical.   Which... I guess means Belichick is physically sick of looking at him?  

Either way, this has big "Jets sign him and he plays 4 games before getting injured" energy.