DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ndamukong Suh is getting a one year deal worth up to $10m from Tampa.  

You know, with all these 1 year deals, next year's FA is going to be fucking banana. 

Given the amount of talent next year, most still won't get what they want even with a cap bump. A lot of options means teams don't have to go nuts for any one player.

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Given the amount of talent next year, most still won't get what they want even with a cap bump. A lot of options means teams don't have to go nuts for any one player.

Also, word is the cap will be higher next year but still not where it should be due to pandemic-related loses carrying over. 2023 will be crazy though, wouldn't be shocked if we see a bunch l of new contract records that offseason. Josh Allen is going to make bank.

• Like 1

We will have to do a summary once the dust settles because Schefter says that in the Miami/San Fran trade - the 3rd rounder is actually next year (2022)

That 49ers trade is so aggressive, and on top of that they may still be picking the 3rd QB off the board. I hope they are ok with that considering what they gave up. I didn't think Garoppolo played poorly last year, he was just broken, unless they don't trust him to stay healthy.

• Like 1

Essentially they paid two 1st round picks and one 3rd round pick to move up nine spots?

MQUSuzc.gif

They better be rock solid sure of the person they are taking at #3 or else Shanahan will be shot into the sun.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Essentially they paid two 1st round picks and one 3rd round pick to move up nine spots?

MQUSuzc.gif

They better be rock solid sure of the person they are taking at #3 or else Shanahan will be shot into the sun.

That's the thing, I've seen a lot of San Fran fans like "great trade, now we can get a franchise quarterback!" like it is that easy. Two years ago they all thought Garoppolo was the Franchise QB. All teams want a Franchise QB but they took a big gamble to get one. Especially since they will likely be getting the 3rd QB, I assume they are really high on Jones, Fields, or Lance.

• Like 2

Big winners: The Cincinnati Bengals, who can now sit at #5 and get the best non-quarterback on the board in this year's draft, whoever they determine it to be, as quarterbacks are likely now going at 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 1