DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Follow up - the Amazon part is true

Carton was full of shit on the Sunday Ticket

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-COMPLETES-LONG-TERM-MEDIA-DISTRIBUTION-AGREEMENTS-PROVIDING-FANS-GREATER-ACCESS-TO-NFL-GAMES-THAN-EVER-BEFORE.aspx

Full link of all the new TV deals from the NFL

Not to be pedantic, but there's nothing about Sunday Ticket in that release.  So as much as I'd love for Carton to get dunked on and get shit thrown in his face, he hasn't been proven wrong... yet.

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I was ready to call him a moron, but he kind of has a point.  How many people get hired for multi-million dollar jobs without ever really meeting the person who is getting hired?  It's basically a race to give out millions of dollars to someone you aren't allowed to talk to before you offer them millions of dollars.  That is kind of insane.

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Bears are releasing CB Kyle Fuller for cap reasons. 

Oh, and a tag to this, Kyle Fuller and Akiem Hicks were the two starters Chicago offered for Russ. 

And in one of those fun "this only makes sense to NFL cap-ologists", trading Wilson would have resulted in $39M in dead cap for Seattle.  This is $7m more in cap room for him to actually play for them. 

21 hours ago, hammerva said:

I have no idea how they did it but Ju Ju is staying with the Steelers for at least 1 year.   Given the list of teams really going for him, all the AFC should be happy about this one

He went with the most valuable team of all, money lol. He took a one year deal this year in a market crippled by a low cap. Next year with be a market ready to spend with a big jump in cap space due to the new TV deals. So he's betting on himself having a good enough year this year to get paid next year vs cashing in this year on lower numbers. He's got a good agent.

I don't think Isiah Wilson is going to make it in the NFL. Its kinda mind blowing to me that a player would (I assume) try really hard in college to be one of the best in the country and then promptly stop trying when they have a chance to make millions of dollars, but these things happen.

"The Miami Dolphins are planning to waive 2020 first-round offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson just days after acquiring him in a trade with the Tennessee Titans, sources told ESPN. Wilson was hours late for his physical and team onboarding process, skipped multiple optional workouts that he agreed to attend on Thursday and Friday and declined support service help that he was offered all in his first official week with the team, sources said."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31099853/miami-dolphins-plan-waive-newly-acquired-ot-isaiah-wilson

59 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't understand why the Lions didn't make keeping him their number 1 priority, but Golladay to the Giants for 4 years.

For the money they are giving him, it better work out better than the last Lions WR who went to the Giants

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For the money they are giving him, it better work out better than the last Lions WR who went to the Giants

I know right lol. Every sports reporter is treating Golladay like a WR1 and a big get for The Giants. I don't remember hearing his name too much so I looked up his stats and he had two solid years. But definitely not WR1 numbers. I hope maybe it's one of those transcendent player kinda things that trumps stats that I'm just not seeing looking at numbers alone. That's a lotttaaa money to be throwing out there too. But hey, can't be any worse than ole gator arms Golden Tate was.

11 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I know right lol. Every sports reporter is treating Golladay like a WR1 and a big get for The Giants. I don't remember hearing his name too much so I looked up his stats and he had two solid years. But definitely not WR1 numbers. I hope maybe it's one of those transcendent player kinda things that trumps stats that I'm just not seeing looking at numbers alone. That's a lotttaaa money to be throwing out there too. But hey, can't be any worse than ole gator arms Golden Tate was.

He's a tremendous deep threat.  He put up huge numbers the first half of the season in 2019 and then did nothing the second half.  Not coincidentally, his big production in the first half was when Matthew Stafford was healthy.  He was on pace for 1500 yards before Stafford got hurt.  Still led the league in TD catches.

In 2020, he averaged over 80 yards a game when healthy (which wasn't much).  

He's definitely got WR1 potential but who knows what you'll get out of him with that superstar QB that the Giants have, LOL.

Watching Tate struggle in New York was weird because he was great in Detroit (4 straight 90+ catch seasons) and people were MAD when he got traded to Philly.

Also, the Lions offense last year was a completely different thing with Golladay than without. More running room, single coverage on other guys, etc. 

If he's fully healthy, he's a budding superstar who should help make the Giants real dangerous (really, they're loaded on weapons now. It's a make or break year for Jones)

5 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Jones even *looks* like a discount store Eli Manning, pls no ban

He's also, iirc, listed at the exact same height and weight.

Eli has to be the weirdest career ever.