DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Just now, Lawful Metal said:

At the time of his social media posting, there wasn't anything filed.  And he's still a clown lawyer.  The accusations  as pleaded are going to be extremely difficult to prove, and there was no criminal investigation or report ever done. 

As far as three more women coming forward, we'll see who actually comes forward and puts their name on it.  Deshaun hired Rusty Hardin.  I'll take Rusty any day. 

Oh, I'm not saying the case is legit.  

Hard to say when the lawsuit was filed but TMZ had and had at least read it over before 8:23am PDT today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Oh, I'm not saying the case is legit.  

Hard to say when the lawsuit was filed but TMZ had and had at least read it over before 8:23am PDT today.

Well, I'm going by the Harris County District Clerk's web site, which is probably a little more accurate than TMZ.  Knowing Buzbee, he probably forwarded a copy to TMZ before he even bothered to file the case. 

Second case was filed this afternoon -- this one is a masseuse he allegedly flew out from Atlanta. 

Now how's this for a conspiracy theory:

Watson hired Buzbee to sue him for this, knowing that ultra-pious Easterby would froth at the mouth and insist on cutting Deshaun for it, even if they didn't get any compensation. 

And then once he's released, Buzbee can be like, shit, I just filed it because I was drunk, I don't know, forget about it. 

And then Deshaun can resume his career anywhere but Houston, and the Texans will be like we don't tolerate sexual assaulters and feel like they did the right thing. 

Or the Texans will cut him over this, the cases will get dropped, and the Texans lose Deshaun over literally nothing. 

Or, I guess, it's all true.  Who knows.  This is the offseason from hell. 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, Mister TV said:

The 7 minute 30 second idea seems like something a lot of coaches will screw up clock management wise so I'm all for it. The Ravens idea is dumb and at the next owners meeting the owner with the strongest arm should be allowed to throw stale bagels at the Ravens owner for even suggesting it.

Somehow I missed hearing about the OT proposal until just now.  My gut reaction is that other owners should be allowed to throw whichever member of management came up with the idea into a pile of stale bagels.

I have no opinion on how many bagels should be in the pile.  If you want to throw out out enough bagels to cushion the fall, fine.  If not, well, that won't keep me awake at night either.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It also leaves the Raiders with no good offensive linemen

You're stretching the definition of "good" with regards to Grady Jackson.  But I get the point.

Kyle Van Noy is coming back to the Patriots on a 2 year deal.

They still have approx 26MM left in cap space (per the fantastic analysis of @patscap on Twitter), but he is still waiting on the impact of the contracts for Trent Brown, Justin Bethel and Ted Karras as well as Patrick Chung's retirement.

Edited by paragon11
  • Like 1

It's coming from Carton so whatever,  but enough people are parroting it, so...

Looks like the Sunday Ticket is moving to ESPN+ starting in 23.  Amazon gets the National broadcast of the Thursday night games.

I'm looking for anyone else to confirm.

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

It's coming from Carton so whatever,  but enough people are parroting it, so...

Looks like the Sunday Ticket is moving to ESPN+ starting in 23.  Amazon gets the National broadcast of the Thursday night games.

I'm looking for anyone else to confirm.

Andrew Marchand already said Carton is full of shit

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He'll be an upgrade over Barkley anyway. If the Bills coaches can do even half job with him than they did with Allen, Trib could be a valuable asset. Not that I expect that of course.