DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Gase might get another OC or other offensive assistant job, but I can't imagine him getting a head coaching job again anytime soon. Usually over you fail twice, it's over. And his second failure was of the spectacular variety.

• Like 1

If you have been looking at opponents next year - since the 17th Game isn't official yet you won't see it via on any official lists yet.

However...

Where those extra games will be played is anyone's guess

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you have been looking at opponents next year - since the 17th Game isn't official yet you won't see it via on any official lists yet.

However...

Where those extra games will be played is anyone's guess

Presuming they will be sane enough to use the extra crossover game to allow a Giants-Jets game (and Steelers-Eagles/ Cowboys/Texans) every season?

Nope it based on position (like all the other games) because too many teams without natural rivals would complain. Plus it would complicate scheduling every time those divisions naturally play each other.

That is why the natural rivalry games always take place in the preseason

Jets and Jags made the decision one year too late. I'm not a Browns fan but I give them credit last year for realizing they fucked up and moving on to a better coach. I think coaches should be given some chance to show what they have but when things look bad, move on. The Texans were also late but I think that's been talked about enough ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Presuming they will be sane enough to use the extra crossover game to allow a Giants-Jets game (and Steelers-Eagles/ Cowboys/Texans) every season?

It's going to be a placement game so 1st vs. 1st, 2nd vs. 2nd and so on. Having it be a "rivalry game" would give teams that have a yearly "rivalry game" with say the Lions or Jags a competitive advantage, also there's not enough rivalries to go around so there'd be the contrived ones like MLB has with Pittsburgh vs. Detroit, Philly vs. Boston, Arizona vs. Texas and Colorado vs. Houston. Doing placement games also allows marquee teams like Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, KC, LA Rams, New England and Chicago to potentially play each other more frequently. 

13 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

so there’s a chance the Jaguars will screw up the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes...

I mean this won't happen in a million years, but there's an *outside* chance that TL drops out of the top 5.   

Jags take Fields or Wilson (lol).  The Jets are the Jets.  Miami doesn't need a QB. ATL would probably take TL, but pass and address D. Cincy & Philly don't need a QB(?). Then we're at 7-8-9 where one of those three take him, or of course, NE trades up. 

• Like 1

I expect Jerry Jones to buy out McCarthy for about 400 million dollars any minute now and name himself head coach like he's always wanted to.

Edited by Ryan

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of which - the Bengals have announced that Zac Taylor will remain HC

Mike Clown sees the gauntlet thrown down by Khan in Jacksonville over who is the worst owner in football and answers the challenge.

Edited by sabremike
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean this won't happen in a million years, but there's an *outside* chance that TL drops out of the top 5.   

Jags take Fields or Wilson (lol).  The Jets are the Jets.  Miami doesn't need a QB. ATL would probably take TL, but pass and address D. Cincy & Philly don't need a QB(?). Then we're at 7-8-9 where one of those three take him, or of course, NE trades up. 

In that scenario wouldn't Miami or Atlanta trade the pick for a kings ransom to a team who needs a QB?

In that scenario - the Jets would be trading #2

Since the report this weekend was that either the Jets will take a QB at #2 or keep Darnold and trade the #2

Only way Lawrence isn't going Top 5 is if he gets hurt between now and the draft

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In that scenario - the Jets would be trading #2

Since the report this weekend was that either the Jets will take a QB at #2 or keep Darnold and trade the #2

Only way Lawrence isn't going Top 5 is if he gets hurt between now and the draft

But wouldn't the Jets being the Jets mean they'd draft Penn State TE Pat Freiermuth with their pick?

• Haha 3