DVDVR Message Board

2021 DC Comics Omnibus Thread

odessasteps

I just finished the Jonah Hex Spectacular, which tells the story of how Jonah Hex died while serving as a eulogy to the passing of the Old West as a whole. The twist ending, if you can call it that, is one of the most ballsy things I've read in any comic, mainstream or underground. An incredible ending to a brilliant one shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Ty Templeton is one of my favourite artists and Batman: The Adventures Continue is my favourite ongoing Batman book. Wishing all the best to Ty at this difficult of times xxx.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

I forgot to mention several new books. Fables returning , Batman vs bigby, DeathStroke series, Elseworld, bunch more.

They might actually get me to pick something up with Fables and Batman vs. Bigby.

So venturing on the wild and lawless frontier that is Twitter, (I know big mistake), I saw quite a few inflammatory posts about Bill Willingham.  Seems he was once on the payroll of Breitbart as an entertainment writer and such.  Also it seems his politics seemed to lean to the far right, which I kind of though was odd given the diversity and such of the sum of his works.  Does anyone have any info on this?

Post Infinite Frontier Tim Drake will be bisexual.

New Superman Manga about Superman eating food in Japan.

New Earth 2 throws out the Nu52 version, expect something maybe closer to pre crisis. 

Seems all previous crises were undone, and all their effects as well. Remains to be seen if there were even crises, so maybe COIE, Zero Hour, Infinte Crisis, Final Crisis bye bye.

Also Extant is separate from Hawk, Hawkgirl was a member of JSA along with Jesse Quick again.