DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2021

19 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hold the fuck up... Sylvester Stallone is in this?  

I thought I saw that Steve Agee was doing the mocap for King Shark so for some reason I assumed he was the voice too. Very cool that it’s Sly instead. 

Brosnan as Dr. Fate is neat.

Loved the Suicide Squad trailer. Feels way more like what we got from Ostrander's run. 

10 hours ago, AxB said:

James Gunn bought all of his mates over, innit?

If I recall correctly the only reason Batista isn't in is because he wanted to do Snyder's zombie movie and the schedules conflicted.

Watching Zack Snyder's Justice League. It has become clear that not only does Zack Snyder not know what Hallelujah is about, but he also doesn't know what Song to the Siren is about.

See the thing about all the praise for this movie that's all over the Social Medias, is... if misogynistic scumbag Whedon had been given that much extra time and money to shoot extra scenes and rewrite and re-edit, and a four hour runtime, the released version would have been vastly superior to what it was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Brosnan as Dr. Fate is neat.

Loved the Suicide Squad trailer. Feels way more like what we got from Ostrander's run. 

If I recall correctly the only reason Batista isn't in is because he wanted to do Snyder's zombie movie and the schedules conflicted.

Yeah, in fact I believe Cena was cast as his replacement 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Watching Zack Snyder's Justice League. It has become clear that not only does Zack Snyder not know what Hallelujah is about, but he also doesn't know what Song to the Siren is about.

See the thing about all the praise for this movie that's all over the Social Medias, is... if misogynistic scumbag Whedon had been given that much extra time and money to shoot extra scenes and rewrite and re-edit, and a four hour runtime, the released version would have been vastly superior to what it was.

Hallelujah was apparently Autumn Snyder’s favourite song and the artist that sings it during the credits sang it at her funeral.

Sure, Whedon could have came up with something better if he was working from scratch. Cyborg might not be in it though.

We haven’t talked about the Zatanna movie or Helen Mirren playing a villain in Shazam 2!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ligerbusa said:

Hallelujah was apparently Autumn Snyder’s favourite song and the artist that sings it during the credits sang it at her funeral.

I'll give him a pass on it this time. But he used it in more than one of his previous movies, didn't he? I'm sure it's in one of the other Snyderverse DC movies (as well as Watchmen).

2 hours ago, AxB said:

To be fai-uh to Zach Snyder no one who has used Hallelujah in a movie has had any idea what it's about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

To be fai-uh to Zach Snyder no one who has used Hallelujah in a movie has had any idea what it's about.

You tryin’ to tell me it might not have been appropriate to use it in Shreck?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The trailer for the Squad has me stupid hyped! King fucking Shark on the big screen BAY-BAY oh chester cheezus please let him live through the whole movie ?

King Shark has been a favorite of mine since his appearance in one of the Squad tpb's with Ragdoll, I forget the name, a contortionist im sure, anyway they're worried that King Shark might eat someone but he opened his mouth WIDE and there's a living person that HE SWALLOWED WHOLE still alive in his gullet!!!!!! ????? Oh fuck I wasn't ready for that on my first reading and just remembering it has my sides splitting ???

I may not remember the scene entirely correctly, been a few years since I read it but gotch damnit he's been a favorite of mine since (and popping up on Harleys cartoon just makes him more lovable lmao well at least with the episodes that I can remember)

Tldr just for Shark alone im fucking dying to see this 

Gunn does pretty great IMHO with the Guardians so I think it's going to be a great flick?

King Shark has been done really well on the DCW Shows. They had a Grodd vs KS Fight!   And Ron Funches KS on the brilliant Harley Quinn cartoon is why this one is wearing Bermuda shorts.
I adore that the character has become mainstream. When they introduced him as a Superboy villain in 93? I fell in love with him. He was scary and Holland's art was dope.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

And I thought Return of the King had a lot of endings.

EDIT: Wait, the "Who's going to give you a reach around?" line is real? I thought that was a joke!

Edited by AxB