DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2021

22 hours ago, (BP) said:

One of the most dangerous Jokers really, if you count people dying of secondhand embarrassment from seeing someone do cringe. 

21 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Surely David is releasing this to make sure everyone knows they don't really want his cut of that movie. 

Worst Joker by far.

Edited by The Natural

so, i'm two years late and potentially in the wrong thread, but i watched Batman: Hush over the weekend.

i read the comics as they were coming out. As for a "greatest hits" Batman story, i thought the comics did an excellent job. The reintroduction of Jason Todd was a personal highlight.  

the movie? yeah, it started out good. it brought in the various villains in a way that was more overtly connected, but still worked. leaving out the Jason Todd bit (while personally disappointing) makes perfect sense to the overall animated universe narrative.

but man, those last 10-15 minutes kills the movie. it's not even that it's different from the comics- i can understand that. but the climax of the film goes out of its way to shit on any and all character development over the last 75 minutes just so we can get back to status quo. 

why do i keep buying these animated batman movies? the last half dozen all disappointed me. my favorites have been the non-continuity ones: Batman/Turtles, Batman/Scooby, Batman '66 (both, but especially the first one). 

edit: i'm reminded of Batman: Death in the Family, which i really enjoyed due to the "choose your own adventure" motif. but past that, i need to stop buying Batman dvds.

Edited by twiztor

i think streaming offers a virtually endless format for experimentation. Switching up run times, more interactivity, integration with other shows/platforms/social media, and shit i can't even comprehend yet. Sadly, it will never reach that potential because Hollywood hates creativity.

Remember that Black Mirror: Bandersnatch movie from like 4 years ago? more of that, please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic