DVDVR Message Board

DC Movies - 2021

The chemistry between Robert Pattinson and Zoe Kravitz is absolutely molten and that is just from looking at the trailers.

Colin Farrell sounds like he's having the time of his life playing the Penguin.

This new Batman thing should be pretty good.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Batman and superheroes are fascists. They violate human rights on a regular basis.

You're not gonna go into Bill's monologue about Superman from Kill Bill, are you?

• Haha 1

Best live action Batsuit so far. I do wish the Bat Symbol had ears, that's the only change I'd make. I hope future Batsuits in the sequels are slight tweaks because as noted, it's the best Batsuit. Please keep the collar, that's a great addition making for a different look but more importantly, neck movement. The collar and symbol should stay as the most distinctive details of this Batman. Just add the ears to the logo next time.

Edited by The Natural

10 hours ago, J.T. said:

You're not gonna go into Bill's monologue about Superman from Kill Bill, are you?

"If Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the human race, than Bruce Wayne must be Batman's critique on the bourgeoisie social class and the proletariat who refuses to rise up against them. Batman keeps the proletariat under heel because they want it that way."

- Bill, probably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Out of curiosity, Vile, have you read "Superman: Champion of the Oppressed" (Supes's debut story) and the follow-ups from the early Action Comics? I'll confess I've only read synopses myself, but I have it on good authority that the superhero genre has left-wing ideals built in from day one. IMO, you could make a "Superheroes are inherently communist" charge stick a lot more easily than "Superheroes are inherently fascist".

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Log said:

I'll no doubt see this new Batman, but that second trailer left me cold.  It just seems like they're re-hashing a bunch of stuff from the Nolan movies.

Well, Nolan was re-hashing a bunch of stuff from the comics, so.... *shrug*

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

Well, Nolan was re-hashing a bunch of stuff from the comics, so.... *shrug*

Yeah, I mean, it’s Batman. There’s been sooooo much media with that character, it’s tough to not repeat some things. It just seemed particularly glaring in that trailer. 

On 5/26/2021 at 8:04 AM, The Natural said:

EgFDw29WkAAiO1C?format=jpg&name=small

This is cool. in

If Ledger had done the leap onto the table and landed sitting down in Indian style like Lee did in his scene in The Crow, Heath probably would've fractured his hip.

It is indeed a cool shot-for-shot comparison and somewhat depressing since both Heath and Brandon were taken away from us too soon right after filming the roles of their lives.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

On 10/26/2021 at 12:14 AM, (BP) said:

The Brendanaissance rolls on.

Long may the Brendanaissance continue on. I like Brendon Fraser ever since I watched The Mummy (1999) at the cinema. All applies to Heath Ledger, Julia Stiles and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in 10 Things I Hate About You (1999). Interesting seeing them at the cinema at the same time Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace was out and taking up so many screens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...