DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Holding out hope we somehow het the modern interpretation of Plan Chu.

Yeah, given the current state of Asian American xenophobia, I don't think Disney is likely going to give you the full on Yellow Claw.  However, Plan Chu may make an appearance as an ancestor of Wenwu if that scene with the men on horseback turns out to be a historical sequence.

I also think that you may finally get your wish to see Fin Fang Foom on the big screen.  Gotta have a celestial dragon somewhere, right?

If I had money, I'd put it on Mordillo being Shang Chi's next BBEG if this movie doesn't suck.

I think that Death Dealer will end up being a gestalt of two or three Shang Chi adversaries (Death Dealer, Korain, Shaka Kharn).

Edited by J.T.

Look, I just want one thing. Fin Fang Foom. And none of this "subtle nod grounded in reality" shit either. I don't want a dude named Fin Fang Foom who has a giant dragon tattoo or is nicknamed "The Dragon". I want a big as shit, fire breathing, CGI dragon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrianS81177 said:

Look, I just want one thing. Fin Fang Foom. And none of this "subtle nod grounded in reality" shit either. I don't want a dude named Fin Fang Foom who has a giant dragon tattoo or is nicknamed "The Dragon". I want a big as shit, fire breathing, CGI dragon. 

Wearing purple pants

• Like 3

Ey9axnuUYAIBI_E?format=jpg&name=large

Still to come. Hell of a lineup. Most looking forward to Thor: Love and Thunder, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. We've had a long wait for a Doctor Strange sequel, six years.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Boy they wanted to make sure I cried during that video.

Anyway - since they were flying by, here are the dates. I am using shorthand so don't yell when the title isn't exact

• Black Widow - July 9, 2021
  • Shang-Chi - Sept 3, 2021
  • Eternals - Nov 5, 2021
  • Spider-Man 3 - Dec 17, 2021
  • Dr Strange 2 - March 25, 2022
  • Thor Love & War - May 6, 2022
  • Black Panther 2 - July 8, 2022
  • Marvels - Nov 11, 2022
  • Antman 3 - Feb 11 or 17, 2023 (I can't read my handwriting and I can't watch again at the moment)
  • Guardians 3 - May 5, 2023

Plus Fantastic Four teased with no release date

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So Captain Marvel 2 is now The Marvels. 

A Carol and Kamala team-up movie?

Fuck. Yes.

It's Danvers/Rambeau/Kamala per the official Marvel release about it

Marvel Studios’ The Marvels will feature Brie Larson returning to the role of Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers. In the film, she’ll be joined by Teyonah Parris, who was first introduced as adult Monica Rambeau in Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, along with Iman Vellani, who will appear as Ms. Marvel in the upcoming Disney+ series of the same name. 

Prepare to experience it and fly higher, further, and faster with the film, directed by Nia DaCosta!

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Boy they wanted to make sure I cried during that video.

Anyway - since they were flying by, here are the dates. I am using shorthand so don't yell when the title isn't exact

• Black Widow - July 9, 2021
  • Shang-Chi - Sept 3, 2021
  • Eternals - Nov 5, 2021
  • Spider-Man 3 - Dec 17, 2021
  • Dr Strange 2 - March 25, 2022
  • Thor Love & War - May 6, 2022
  • Black Panther 2 - July 8, 2022
  • Marvels - Nov 11, 2022
  • Antman 3 - Feb 11 or 17, 2023 (I can't read my handwriting and I can't watch again at the moment)
  • Guardians 3 - May 5, 2023

Plus Fantastic Four teased with no release date

What a lineup. Guardians 3 will tie Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness for longest time between entries, six years. Doctor Strange, 2016 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in 2017. Of course if James Gunn wasn't fired, Guardians 3 would be like Black Widow - supposed to be out in 2020 but delayed with the coronavirus global pandemic.

Some of the title cards:

Spoiler

E0d3W5nUUAAdFdr?format=png&name=900x900

E0d3yVqXEAwk6iX?format=jpg&name=medium

E0d3Xi_VgAEFZKc?format=png&name=small

Edited by The Natural

I'm also happy they're really throwing their weight behind Fantastic Four before any X-Men shit. This is the second time now that they've thrown up the Fantastic Four logo. Honestly, I think X-Men may work better as a Disney+ series, but the movie money they can make will eventually be too hard to deny.

The only downside is that we're likely going to have to go through yet another Fantastic Four origin story. Although, in a post-snap and return universe, a government organization hiring Reed, Sue, and the rest to explore whatever other cosmic shit may be out there only to have the mission immediately go bad basically writes itself.

• Like 1

Which three Marvel Phase Four movies do you want to see more than the rest?

Mine:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021).

2. Thor: Love and Thunder (2022).

3. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022).

Least into Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and The Marvels. Cosmic MCU with the exception of Thanos does nothing for me. I know that not a popular POV. Little more interested in The Marvels with Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau inclusion than a Captain Marvel 2. Captain Marvel grew on me but it's still the lower middle MCU tier IMO.

Edited by The Natural

Swap

57 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Which three Marvel Phase Four movies do you want to see more than the rest?

Mine:

1. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021).

2. Thor: Love and Thunder (2022).

3. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022).

Least into Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and The Marvels. Cosmic MCU with the exception of Thanos does nothing for me. I know that not a popular POV. Little more interested in The Marvels with Ms. Marvel and Monica Rambeau inclusion than a Captain Marvel 2. Captain Marvel grew on me but it's still the lower middle MCU tier IMO.

Swap your #2 & #3, and you’ve got my list, but honestly I’m a fan of the MCU. I am. I celebrate the entire catalogue.

Edited by JonnyLaw
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Swap

Swap your #2 & #3, and you’ve got my list, but honestly I’m a fan of the MCU. I am. I celebrate the entire catalogue.

Same here. Even with those I like the least - the aforementioned cosmic side to go with the Iron Man sequels, Thor: The Dark World and TIH.

Edited by The Natural

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm also happy they're really throwing their weight behind Fantastic Four before any X-Men shit. This is the second time now that they've thrown up the Fantastic Four logo. Honestly, I think X-Men may work better as a Disney+ series, but the movie money they can make will eventually be too hard to deny.

The only downside is that we're likely going to have to go through yet another Fantastic Four origin story. Although, in a post-snap and return universe, a government organization hiring Reed, Sue, and the rest to explore whatever other cosmic shit may be out there only to have the mission immediately go bad basically writes itself.

Jamal Igle wrote an excellent pitch in a twitter thread for FF:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let us please leave Tony Stark the fuck out of every Marvel property from this point onward.

Already ruined Spider-Man with that bullshit.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1