DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

Spoiler

Thor: Love and Thunder poster. Spoilered for size. And so someone can scroll past it and also post it, only without a spoiler box, and get more likes than this post.

• Like 3

Fan made. I'd be surprised if they would slap all those names on the poster and leave off Diesel and Cooper.

Also, Hiddleston being in this would be news to me. Not saying it's impossible (probably a better-than-decent chance, actually), but nothing is officially out there. Yet.

Cool poster though. Excited for our eventual first look at Portman in the movie. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

There are certainly some poor photoshop choices being made on that poster.  I went to their website and they're kinda like Mondo, do a lot of "alternate" artsy posters, but have only done two "official" posters.

5 minutes ago, Casey said:

via Deadline - Russell Crowe has been cast for Love & Thunder in a "mysterious role".

Is there speculation here? Since they're obviously drawing upon Aaron's stuff for at least Gorr, makes me wonder if he couldn't be Cul. But watch him be The Gardener or something.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:13 AM, RIPPA said:

Venom: Let There Be Carnage has been delayed another three months

The newest release date is Sept 17, 2021

And it has already been moved again.

Moved back one more week - Sept 24 now.

Variety makes it sound like they wanted one more week of distance from Suicide Squad

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sony just struck a new deal, so beginning in 2022 all of the Spiderman films will stream exclusively on Netflix.

If I read the Gizmodo article correct, it’s only starting with their 2022 movies. I don’t think this applies to existing Spider-Man movies or No Way Home, which comes out later this year.

10 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

If I read the Gizmodo article correct, it’s only starting with their 2022 movies. I don’t think this applies to existing Spider-Man movies or No Way Home, which comes out later this year.

You are correct

After a nearly two-year auction, Netflix has secured the rights to stream Sony Pictures’ theatrical films “in the first pay TV window,” according to Variety. This will begin with Sony’s 2022 films and continue for five years. So while 2021 films like Spider-Man: No Way Home, Venom: Let There Be Carnage, and Ghostbusters: Afterlife won’t count, all future films with those characters will. For now, the biggest of those is Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2, currently set for release October 7, 2022. Uncharted, Escape Room 2, and Morbius are currently the only other Sony titles announced for 2022 release.

It boils down to this: Sony movies will debut in theaters as they would have in the past. Then, as usual, they’ll show up on DVD/Blu-ray. After that though, they’ll show up exclusively on Netflix. In the past, for Sony movies, this deal was in place with Starz.

There’s no word exactly how much time will pass between a film’s theatrical debut and its Netflix debut, but it’s expected to be shorter than the usual nine-month length Sony films have had in the past. As part of the deal, which reportedly will cost Netflix hundreds of millions of dollars based on how much each film grosses, Netflix also gets exclusive rights to Sony films that are direct-to-streaming.

• Like 1

Just now, Bustronaut said:

Is anyone else worried we haven't seen a frame of Shang-Chi 5 months from its latest release date?

I keep forgetting it exists, which is probably not a good sign.

I think the marketing blitz is about to hit, though, as both action figures and lego sets leaked this week.

Based on nothing but my own brain, I wonder if there will be something on Falcon and Winter Soldier that ties into the film and they're waiting on that?  Like I said, pure speculation on my part.