DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2021

I think I had The Avengers seventh on my Best of the Decade list when we did that on the board. It's the movie that stuck the landing, proved big multi-franchise cross-over super hero stuff could play well on the big screen, and established a foundation of what these event movies can be. I think for better or worse (and there's a lot of worse) it's one of the most important movies of the last ten years. 

Be interesting to see where people are on Endgame in another seven years. 

• Like 2

Don't think I have rewatched any of the Avengers movies outside of the first. Generally speaking for me Infinity War & Endgame are best. I can't decide which I like more. Civil War & Avengers are about equal. Age of Ultron is still the weakest to me though I enjoyed it. Love Spader's portrayal as its perfect for an Ultron who comes from Tony, but I still prefer the comics Pym based version.

18 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I think I had The Avengers seventh on my Best of the Decade list when we did that on the board. It's the movie that stuck the landing, proved big multi-franchise cross-over super hero stuff could play well on the big screen, and established a foundation of what these event movies can be. I think for better or worse (and there's a lot of worse) it's one of the most important movies of the last ten years. 

Be interesting to see where people are on Endgame in another seven years. 

The Avengers was #4 on my ballot. I concur with all you say, @Andy in Kansas.

xrk0o5wrj8c21.jpg

The MCU Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk: Mark Ruffalo and before him, Edward Norton. Avengers Assemble/The Avengers (2012) is still my favourite handle on the character then Thor: Ragnarok (2017).

Edited by The Natural

Er5Rf9bW8AIinSb.jpg

Filming from the new Spider-Man movie. The black cartridge blocks on the Upgraded Stark Suit belt are no longer there unlike Spider-Man: Far From Home. There were also on the red and blue Stark Suit belt.

Edited by The Natural

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also from the set photos

Hide contents

38720220-9209501-Crossover_Sean_previous

Showing Nebula and Kraglin (can't imagine why they need to give everyone their own portable fans)

Health issues? I know our offices have banned both fans and space heaters due to the virus. 

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Health issues? I know our offices have banned both fans and space heaters due to the virus. 

I would guess it's to help their makeup set or keep from running

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Christ. I can't figure it out, but what did Chris Pratt do this time or is Twitter just being dumb as usual?

A quick google search and article skim says someone faked racist old comments from his twitter. I assume people believed it and pounced.

My attempt in spoiler tags for size:

Spoiler

Iron Man (2008). Nick Fury: "Avengers Initiative".

The Incredible Hulk (2008). Hulk vs. Abomination at University.

Iron Man 2 (2010). Black Widow's very first scene taking out Happy Hogan in the ring.

Thor (2011). Thor/Loki/Warriors vs. Laufey/Frost Giants in Jotunheim.

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011). Steve Rogers: "I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from."

The Avengers (2012). Avengers Assemble in a circle.

Iron Man 3 (2013). The Mandarin's first appearance.

Thor: The Dark World (2013). Frigga's funeral.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). Captain America/Black Widow/The Falcon vs. The Winter Soldier/HYDRA on the motorway and streets.

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). Guardians escape the prison.

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). Hulk vs. Hulkbuster.

Ant-Man (2015). Training montage.

Captain America: Civil War (2016). The airport battle.

Doctor Strange (2016). Time loop to Dormammu.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). Yondu's funeral.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). Peter Parker and Adrian Toomes discover their later egos.

Thor: Ragnarok (2017). Thor on the Bifrost set to Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.

Black Panther (2018). Killmonger: “Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ship because they knew that death was better than bondage”.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018). Thor arrives in Wakanda.

Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018). Luis on Truth Serum.

Captain Marvel (2019). Captain Marvel squares up to the Supreme Intellegence.

Avengers: Endgame (2019). Captain America is worthy to wield Mjolnir.

Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019). Mysterio's illusion sequence on Spider-Man. You know the one.

You?

Edited by The Natural